Saturday 30 July 2016

Blind


The blog has gone quiet (again the summer malaise is upon us) numbers are still evident , just slow on the uptake (no not like me) it doesn’t mean that I’m not going to blog, it just means that I’m not going to get upset on the those (damned) numbers, Now Hear This 2 which is planned  should maybe be with us next week , I’m trying to be (too bloody clever for my own good) extra careful  on the questions because I don’t want a repeat of the first session and it’s amazing that some people have sent through the same questions as the last time (Nils I ignored them for a reason and I did answer two so why send the same list?).

Work has been kind this week still busy; I simply took my foot off the gas and kept as low a profile as I could, I again was blind to some people who saw me, but I didn’t see them ( I told you I was blind) but it was nice to have a little chat and even to be questioned on the blog as it would appear they both read the bloody thing (WTF) word does spread, Wednesday I was off , my usual  appointment to have my eyeballs photographed for my diabetes, I forgot to take some sunglasses with me, so when I came out I turned into the white Stevie wonder, well ok I can’t sing as well as him and he  has more dress sense!  The day turned into a comedy of errors as the youngest kept walking me off kerbs and then telling me far too late ….”Ooops kerb” what have I done to deserve these trials and tribulations?

A nice lovely meal (although the chicken was as dry as boot leather) it was still good to get out and about with the family, the day in reality was a welcome break in mid-week. Back to work on the Thursday, tipping the wife out of bed to get me there slightly early, as I had a training course to rewrite (for the specific audience) literally 30 minutes before they arrived, thankfully all went well, and to a responsive audience. The day continued on in a good mood until I had to leave, then I had to endure a pack of rats that were being thrown out of my place of work, which plague carrier did they get on, yes you guessed it mine, thankfully they weren’t too bad and they only stayed on a for less than half of the journey. I had made a rookie mistake in so much that I had not taken my MP3 player so I had to endure the sounds of the great unwashed!

The night disappeared quickly as I once again fell asleep in my new throne which I had a premonition that it would help curb these sleep addictive nights, what a surprise I was wrong and yes literally 30 minutes after eating my head is drooping, thankfully I have stopped the drool running from my mouth, but I feel so annoyed (mainly with myself) that I am wasting daylight, as always I have a number of cunning plans, going forward let’s see if they come to fruition. I know I haven’t had enough music in my life something I intend to correct this coming weekend if the hurricane will afford me some time to have a waking moment to myself.

Back to work today and I am in deep meditation mode because people have let us down and the people I am helping feel terrible (no need to) as the arranged it, not a problem I will have revenge when they finally turn up, then it will be a mad scrambled to complete everything that need to be completed by close of play and then some taxing and exploration of Mordor as the wife has to go and work there over the next week, cunning plans and the such like to put into action and then hey ho into a weekend before another seven days of hell!

Mental health training is being offered at work and I have volunteered to be the champion hopefully some of my issues will give me an insight to being able to help others, it’s something I’m actually looking forward to doing. Friday struggled on and if I’m honest it was annoying, annoying tasks, annoying people and me generally starting to fixate and hate people, I was over the moon when the wife rang and said “get your arse in the car, we are out of here” we drove home to collect the youngest to take her to a friend’s birthday party , while we were there the wife opened some post and went atomic, I won’t bore you with the details other than a bill that’s been paid they say we have then they say we haven’t then they say we have it’s all done and dusted we receive a letter to say that it’s done and dusted and then yesterday we receive one that states nope you still owe us a gazillion pounds, thankfully the wife couldn’t get through even though she tried for 30 minutes, maybe it was just as well, hey ho I come downstairs this morning and she’s at it again only to find out that yay they have lost the money, yep that’s right the money we paid into a bank to pay the bill, at least she was calm and level headed and an absolute delight, a lady is going to investigate and ring her back on Monday ………watch this space!

After dropping the daughter off me and the wife decided fish and chips were the order of the day we headed to the best chip shop in Gimpsville and can I just say it was AWESOME! We both sat and ahem cough splutter blinked for long periods of time just in time to go and collect the youngest from the party and drop here off at the krakens, just as well as the kraken was poorly but wasn’t going to tell us, why well that’s just the way she is, again another story for another blog. Back home well after the witching hour and I was so jealous of all the posts on Farcebook of all my friends who had gone to see BOC in London, yes you read that right I so jealous, but in a strange way happy that they had enjoyed themselves.

Once more to climb the wooden hill and it didn’t see more than a blink in the eye before the cock crowed (behave) and we were once again in the land of the living it was then and only then that the wife dropped a bombshell, telling me that I had to go and pick up my own prescription ……wait for it ……….by myself……………...WTF! believe it or not I was indeed shell shocked, I was trying to think of any excuse not to do it, to no avail she swept out of the house to go to work, my dilemma was I now just had to argue with myself, unfortunately I lost, but I was determined to be there and back as quickly as possible three minutes there, one minute at the chemists, three minutes back, hopefully I won’t make eye contact with anybody and I will be safe in my shell in under ten minutes!

I couldn’t win an arse kicking contest versus a one-legged man, I left the house, got to the chemist “ah the Chemist would like a word” why? what for? what have I done? can I leg it before she comes over? all this running through my mind in a split second, too late she asked me to follow her to a little room, panic mode not sure what to do, I was going to leg it but a mum and her stupid triple sized buggy got in the way , can this short fat bearded cripple jump the buggy? Of course I can’t I’m not going to brazil for the Olympics what a moron! then in the room only to be told it was a simple review of my medication to make sure that there’s no side effects (what like rampant paranoia you mean?  where the hell did that come from) once calm I became the cool casual gentleman that everybody thinks that I am (allegedly)I then walk briskly back from the chemists all in 15 minutes, those additional five minutes took years from my life I can tell you!

There’s the blog and that seems to be the mood of the week laid back as much as possible, thank you for all your kind comments and Dave Robinson we have our eye on you being nice to Mick Wall we know your game, oh hang on a second you were very nice about my books as well ooops until the next one, enjoy the summer I think it’s due on a Tuesday this year…………….Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment