Sunday 10 July 2016

The Long Run




Ok so the world took a breath I posted my 300th blog and the world kept turning, I took some time to take a breath as the blog although quite frivolous for such a milestone, (that was my mood) I felt I had to simply as things of late had been way too serious and I didn't want everybody to feel like I was losing the will............to blog!

So here we are 301 and where do I start from, well right on from where we left off in blog 299, we were on holiday and sort of getting along well that was until we did our usual amount of bickering, life wouldn't have worth writing about without a small amount of bickering..........well it wouldn't would it? we pottered on and I bought some yard furniture, well it said garden furniture but we don't have a garden, so yard it was, the weather conspired against us (a couple of weeks later we still haven't had the opportunity mind you it is only July! the week plodded on until the Saturday (this blog was originally going to be called Lady go figure) the one thing I wanted to do was go see G & E because it had been an age (hence the title) since we had seen them, with it being G's birthday we took the step of organising a little get together.

We arrived at the appointed time just as G & E arrived from the opposite direction, it really did fill my joy tanks to see two of the nicest people in the world pop into view, thankfully we arrived as the Wouldhave was nearly empty so we had the pick of all of the seats, we soon picked our seats and tucked into a pint of the black stuff and ordered food, no sooner than the food had turned up but so had Campbell and G Bucket and the conversation soon veered off into the land of whimsical and mythical simply they could be the new Hinge and Bracket (if you do not know who they are look them up they will be on YouTube) bickering together I actually thought it was a mirror of me and the wife, that was until Campbell came up with a fantastic Phrase which was designed to shut Glen Bucket up and it did Sheep Bleat Follow .............BAA! it was so wonderful but I bet they have both forgotten about it forever!

E was concerned that I intended to blog about our evening and truth be told I was (hence the title Lady ....because she is one as she admitted to us all) going to but if I'm honest I simply enjoyed the evening because we so rarely get to see them at this moment, and if you see her please let her know that I never mentioned her  lady garden although she did throughout the night, frankly it was bordering on an obsession and nothing to do with her meal in anyway shape or form, G ended the night with a few wee cheeky fellows (well you have to do don't you?)and the night was over way too soon, I suppose that's why you need to savour them!

A slow drive home, well we didn’t hit warp factor two! I had a cunning plan the next morning to cut my hedge and I roused everybody from their golden slumbers to harry and chivvy them along, however in my haste and with 80% of the hedge cut I sliced through the bloody cable (again ….third year running) I had to complete it by hand but the youngest was fab and the wife turned just as we finished, well ok just before we had as she had sauntered off on foot to buy some black bags for the rubbish, go on then she kind of helped, then I spent the day preparing the blog as I intend to publish it in the middle of the week, and then the world turned, the 300th blog took off with a sprint and well work got me by the soft fleshy bits and didn’t stop until the audit just over a week ago.

I then needed some time to recharge my mental batteries as I was exhausted, I’m not a fan of this getting old malarkey! I continued through the week dodging bullets and other random acts of violence and other psychotic episodes with the wife (we bought a new sofa ….please don’t ask as it’s a blog all in its self but hopefully we will soon be finished then I will blog I just don’t wish to incriminate the wife if anybody gets it in the neck) then thankfully we arrived at the weekend and a delightful invitation to a wedding and so last night we descended on the reception in the same room that we started courting (is that even a saying anymore) and we had a  good night was had by all, seeing peeps we hadn’t seen in a while, I have to admit it’s not my forte as a rule, I can’t hear a bloody thing or I don’t know anybody! well I did know people I just couldn’t hear I was also suffering a bit of dodgy stomach as well (not to go into too many details I was fine but I avoided the food which looked wonderful) the music was all right but it was wedding music designed to get people on the dance floor which it did. I declined the food and the wife did as she was asked but she brought some quiche (my absolute fave) and teases me, she’s lucky I didn’t pinch it off her plate (greedy bitch that she is).

We arrived home after a great night with some cunning plans organised for the future (please see my social secretary) up earlyish to get the youngest back to Carlisle with a car full we only forgot the food (D’oh) she is only there a couple of days earning some needed funds to sustain her social life, the wife soon pissed me off hey ho it must be Sunday! Deed done we came home and I dozed see it must be Sunday, once my blogging task is complete I will lunch (bangers and mash if anybody is interested) the tile of the blog well I have been listening to a lot of this band lately and I realise that I am indeed here for the long run, you don’t just do 300 blogs for the hell of it, or do you? Normal service will resume as I still have to catch up with the rest of the year, thanks for all of the nice comments so here go for the next hundred until the next time ……………Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment