Saturday 31 March 2012

Tough times don't last

As I sit here typing away I feel (thankfully) that my life is starting to stop spinning out of control, this has been an emotional week for me (and I don't do emotions) work was if I'm brutally honest has been a waste of time it seems as though I was there purely to give moral support which I don't mind (but it bled into me from time to time) and so consequently it turned me into a bit of a porcupine (me with my reputation ha), so lets see where this takes us and hopefully lets get back to the shoreline and onto dry land!

Monday and Tuesday saw the new me the one that left on time and actually took my breaks (well sort of) and generally not put up with peoples bullshit, I have to be honest, I didn't want excuses or nor did I accept failure I wanted the job done properly or not at all (so feck off out of my way) and generally people got the vibe I normally go with the flow and try and cover peoples tracks (although they don't do the same for me) so I decided to take off my nice hat and simply be "professional" and you know what I do believe it had the desired affect, although I will admit to having vinegar running through my veins (me bitter hell yeah) as I was still fuming over the attitude of my new area manager who really needs to get to know me, I know for a fact he is already regretting the fact that I am drowning him in paperwork (at his request) allegedly he is upset at the 42 emails I sent on Monday and the 37 I sent on Tuesday. I will wait for him to bring up the subject with me (which could be awhile after he spent the next two days with me and he didn't say boo) because he wants to know what I do, I now email him after every single task I do every phone call that I take(and trust me I know how to stay busy), I'm sure you get the picture and instead of a load of emails yesterday I sent him an 8000 word email detailing everything that I did on the days he was with me (I do like to be thorough) I await my appraisal this week with baited breath my record is 2 hours (bearing in mind that the other twenty guys doesn't take that long put together) I feel something special brewing hahahahaha!

Wednesday was a day of pure politics something that I hate doing but if I need to get bloody I will, and although I receive a lot of good support from the client I get next to none from my company so I decided to press some emotional buttons (theirs not mine) and press home to victory, if I had been a pirate this week I boarded a few ships pulled there pants down and sailed off into the distance sticking my fingers up as I sailed away. I felt happy with the broadsides I set off and I'm glad I kept my powder dry, I know that the full might of the English navy is now after my blood(I hate having to talk in riddles when it's work related but I have to for legal reasons) now lets see if they can catch me!

Thursday was the funeral of my boss and it wasn't a good day too many people trying to score points and I didn't want to play any games just get through a bad day (names were taken and have been added to my shit list..... remember a grudge is for life not just for Christmas) I have no intention of going into details but it was lovely to see some many familiar friendly faces who were all in the same boat as me, I wanted to go straight back to work but fate conspired against me and I turned up at the wake (which I believe you should only go if you intend to drink your weight in alcohol and I wasn't going to) said my hello's and got the hell out of dodge as quickly as possible, back at work I changed into jeans and t-shirt and waited with baited breath to get ready for a night out with my two girls (the wife and the youngest) for some food some drink some music and a chance to catch up with SMOR, the wife picked me up and we headed off to pick up our daughter from college and she was late (takes after her bloody mother) to finish off some work (oooh takes after her dad) I was trying not to be grumpy (at this moment I had been out of my bed nearly 12 hours and I was tired! so we headed to the mile castle for some drink and some food  we found a spot straight away parking and for the food so we relaxed and waited for SMOR we had a look at the menu and chose although I wasn't inspired at all it was only after the wife got up to order did I discover the curry menu she had been hiding (I told you I was tired) although the food was (Bland) OK I was in a funky sort of mood, a combination of the day and being tired SMOR finally arrived looking flustered (as always) but we settled in for some banter some drink and a good time SMOR ordered his curry (grrr) and then we headed off to Newcastle college to meet up with even more friends to see three members of whitesnake strutting there stuff for a Marshall demonstration/Jam kind of thing and it was a canny night we were glad to see that Michael Devin had took the time to read his Geordie dictionary and understood what was being shouted at him although bungalow didn't have a bloody clue ...still(bless him) and Tichy was just Tichy a great night of covers plus some whitesnake stuff who would have known that Devin had such an awesome voice damn that man can roar!

We stayed (as did most of the audience) to have some pictures taken and to give Tichy some photo's that I had promised him while we met up in Las Vegas (does that make me a name dropper tee hee!) and boy was he over the moon with them, Devin not only remembered the wife who he occasionally chats to on farcebook from time to time but he said hello to me and used my name without prompting  (unless SMOR had got to him first) again a real nice guy and bungalow well he was great he was being introduced to somebody else and he swerved to say hello to the wife who was beaming at this point because he remembered her (yeah right) but as always he was a perfect gentleman to everybody and sincerely apologised to everybody for swearing on stage once he realised that there was kiddies in the audience, so funny by the time all the frivolities where over we were home after midnight and I had to be up again at 4.30 tomorrow was going to be an interesting day!

I woke up (feeling like a zombie) but did what I do best and just got on with it, yes I was tired but I as always had a full day ahead of me so suck it up boy! the day sped past even though I had technology issues from the start, which I managed to overcome from the start all by myself I was stunned and over the bloody moon ha-ha I had two full training courses full of people who had never dealt with me or the way I teach and the sound of laughter soon had our operations manager popping his head around the door to see if I was actually teaching or we had booked a comedian (his words not mine) and nobody had told him! it went better than expected and finished a tad sooner that expected (it's still my fave part of my job,I decided to stay around people otherwise if I fell asleep I would never wake up, I wanted to take the wife to the cinema so I waited with baited breath for her to arrive which she did at the time I expected her but she wasn't in the mood so we window shopped (that's how tired I was and I didn't even kick up a fuss) for a bit then. we arrived home and before I switched on the laptop I sat on the settee and blinked the next I knew it was 2.30 in the morning and the wife was herding me up the stairs like a little lost sheep(which I was) it didn't matter because I was soon back fast asleep!

The dog had his revenge and I was yet again up by 6.30 but I was rested and felt better than I had in about a month,( sleep wise)  I contemplated life and the universe and soon realised I didn't give a rats ass! life is short and it's not a rehearsal we are here for a short time so don't worry about it, if some people take the hump so what it happens get on with it, true friends will talk to you twenty years down the line as though it was only yesterday at the age of 47 (I know I don't look it) I'm the happiest I have ever been I have got the best friends I have ever had  and although life can be shitty (as always) I get more support and encouragement (than they realised they give me) it's all about being happy not fit but healthy that's in all things life outlook the whole shebang and as I sit here tapping away to get this out of the way (I intend to write all weekend - I have a book to get finished) I realise I'm content after a breakfast of sausage egg and toast a cup of tea some twirl chocolate and a bag of tangtastics I realise that I have to change only one or two of the unpleasant things in my life I don't ask for much in reality I don't really want that much I have friendship (which I cherish more than ever before) all through my life I have known periods of times that have been hard to get through but tough times don't last and it may be shitty at the time good things come along every now and again to brighten your day tell your friends your partners your bloody children you love them and live each day as if it's your last because when it's over it's over and if truth be told I think I'm OK with that until the next time Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment