Sunday 23 June 2024

Pain Is So Close to Pleasure.


Finally, a blog about what this blog was designed for, social interaction, going out and having fun with lovely people, as usual I’m getting ahead of myself, lets start at the beginning, or somewhere close to it!

The last year has been pretty bleak for the wife, I have been pulling out all the stops possible to support her, sometimes successful, sometimes not, I knew it was going to be a slog but I was in it for the long haul, she has helped me over the years its time for me to step up to the plate, the week started kind of low key especially after the previous week for me (see previous blog) to be honest I had walked it off, gave my head a shake and simply moved on, it might rear its head at some point but at the moment it hasn’t so for now onwards!

The wife kind of causally mentioned that we had been invited to a birthday party and do I think if we should go, (erm hell yeah) I didn’t push it I simply said it would be good for her and her anxiety, the coming Friday was to be the one year anniversary of the passing of the Kraken, it was time to move on and this would be the best way to do it, all through the week I nudged her when it was needed, and held my tongue when I needed to, I wasn’t going to spook her, it all looked good in the hood until we had a plague of Flies and Bluebottles, to be truthful this could have worked either way, but we dug our heels in and eradicated the enemy, but It wasn’t an easy task and we used everything that we could muster, Fly paper well that was crap, the wife spraying fly spray like she was the Red Baron at times the air hung heavy like the trenches at the Somme heavy with Mustard gas, we even bought an electronic fly zapper which killed wave after wave of them, we had no idea where they were coming from but the wife’s (she hates them) stress levels were through the roof,.

As the week moved slowly to the finish line, there were small hints that she was going to make it, should I go the hairdressers? (I would) just a little encouragement but it worked, she went off to her appointment, but she was a little longer than expected ( I actually had everything crossed that she would go into Ruby Tuesdays a boutique just up the road from us……she did) a new top and just a little spark in her face, baby steps baby steps, The Hurricane was coming to stay for the night simply to give his parents a respite, and for us to have a pleasurable evening in his company, as he is generally good for us, I know that will change at some point but this time it worked, Saturday morning came and this would be the test of everything, The eldest as usually ran on her time line not the worlds, I was getting a little testy (what me obsessed with time…..no, never)  we had a few chores out in Gimpsville once the Hurricane departed, I took a minor strop ( yes it was time related, my issue nobody else’s, nobody was harmed in the making of this strop) chores completed we headed home and relaxed.

Then came the time to make a start to get ready, I don’t take a lot (have you met me) to get  ready, but I could feel anxiety levels starting to rise if they just started to rise even a little, it could make this horse bolt from the field, a conversation had taken place earlier in the day were I placed my cards on the table, the time to mourn was over the wife had had 365 days one full year of mourning, to be honest she has been a whole lot better than I thought she would have been, but we were still having moments, then we were in the car this could actually happen, I didn’t care were we were going I was simply happy to be sat next to the wife heading straight out of Gimpsville!

Our destination was The Cluny in Newcastle, I sensed a little apprehension whilst looking for a parking space, thankfully we found one close to the venue, and I felt the nerves bugger off as we walked down the short walk down to the venue as the wife saw people who she knew from many, many years ago, good friends was what she needed and its what she got, I moved to join the huge queue at the bar (the Cluny is a small music venue in Newcastle and the fact that it was hosting two gigs on the night proved why it was busy) I do like the place its different, however the prices are ridiculous, obscure beers, imported beers, all more cheaper than soft drinks (WTF) that’s my only complaint it has a great vibe, maybe its because its so long that I have been out for a social occasion, and its not a Wetherspoons so prices are bound to be higher, I was accosted in the queue not once but twice and people who were with me and the wife on our first official date (The Silence of the Lambs) maybe it was a good omen, once robbed I mean served, I made my way outside to chat the wife and some of her friends who I knew by face but hadn’t really spoke to them before other than to say hello, I needn’t have worried as the night was already proving to be a winner.

More people arrived, people who I knew better, the wife and I have been together 33 years and sometimes I feel like an interloper, but in all of the time I have never been made feel like one, the friendliest bunch of people, thankfully there was also one or two people I knew before I met the wife, including someone I went to school with, as I said repeatedly over the course of the night “it’s a small world, I simply wouldn’t like to paint it!” and there’s me thinking I would be like baby in the corner, it simply wasn’t the case I had a great night I apologise to everybody I talked to death, its been a while LOL, thank you all for not telling me to bugger off!

Then there was the only call of the night were I thought there could be trouble, group photo time, if you know me I don’t do pictures, I simply have the face for radio, I have no idea what to do in the bloody thing, the few that I have seen of me are simply cringeworthy (yuk) but the wife wasn’t wanting to play, some simple cajoling looked like it was heading towards the invasion of a small country, thankfully the crisis was averted, piccy taken we all got back on with the night and what a night it was simply just what the Dr ordered, a success. So why the title for the blog  (yes the name game is in play) well I stood for over three ours and I was close to tears as I headed back to the car, I didn’t know how I was going to fit in the bloody car, the drive back was enjoyable apart from the state of my knees, we had fun with a capital F, the only downside was that potentially we wouldn’t get food as the takeaways were full of drunken people and we didn’t want to wait with them, so I made sandwiches and chilled and I went to bed before the wife, no surprise there then!

Now this where it gets weird, simply because most mornings I am up out of bed between 4 and 5, this morning the wife asked why I was still in bed, I had no sensible answer, actually I never have a sensible answer, who am I trying to kid, today has been a great day, partially because of the afterglow of last night it did us the world of good, hopefully that shines out from the lines of this blog, more of life, the good life please. Our chores completed (food shopping) and then lunch and then I snoozed, (damn I feel old…..ish) and then I had to attempt to write a blog that was of a joyous occasion, how the hell do you do that, easily very easily as it happens, once again thanks to everybody who made the night such a success, no bullies were drowned in the town, there was no attempt to even to drag their bodies even close to the Tyne, the night was Fab and yes it was spelt with a capitol F.

So, there we go another one written with some ideas for the next one, it could be a “Now hear This” blog as I have been inundated with questions mainly about the blog but also some directed at me, but that’s  for another time, please keep spreading the disease, click like, whatever you guys and girls have been doing because the numbers have been huge, stay safe, stay alive and until the next time ………….Toodles!

 

One last little paragraph for peeps, I write in code and only I actually know the code, suck  it up its not aimed at anybody, its meant to be fun although some adult themes do get covered occasionally, its my version of the night not other peoples versions, there’s would be how the hell do I get away from this boring twunt, easy I have bad knees I cant run after you!

No comments:

Post a Comment