Tuesday 22 September 2020

Cliché

 I’ve got a reputation of being a man with a gift of words,

A romantic poetic type or so they say!

Its been brought to my attention that it is indeed me and the wife’s silver wedding anniversary this week, so I feel the need to score points for the occasion and to shout it from the rooftops, I don’t really, I don’t need to as I am a loving husband or so they say!

We met nearly thirty years ago through a mutual friend, however I’m convinced that there had been several casual meetings in the past, primarily at a Twisted Sister concert where I might have spoken to her and a friend and at a Judas Priest concert when I didn’t speak to her but I noticed her the same at the same time as KK Downing did, enough said (the best man won……me), I won’t bore anyone with the details but in the back of my mind I was aware of her.

I often call her lovingly a Pyscho Bitch From Hell ( I’ve got a reputation of being a man with a gift of words) but she is my Pyscho Bitch From Hell, so don’t say I didn’t warn you, the wife has suffered with ill health for far longer than me (so I know I’m not the cause) and is a much better patient than I am, but we are our own life support team, I couldn’t manage without her, a fact that I tell her as often I can, she tends to agree, I’m hoping that she feels the same way about me, not that I am just a nuisance, as I have said in previous blogs I was a basket case when I met her, I was allegedly a functioning basket case but a basket case all the same.

Slowly but surely she has put me in the right direction, and although there have been the odd speed bump along the way, what us with our reputation, we are in a good place (at the moment) and we have a mutual support system that seems to work, of course it could always be better, but hey ho you make it what it is, life has been worse than this and at some point it will be bad again but we will always come out of the other side without issue.

I often joke that if I had been a great train robber I would have been out of prison by now, 30 years together and 25 years married, the time has flown over and the only complaint I really have is, is  that over the passage of time I got fat, yes I am blaming her, as I wasn’t fat when I was alone, she is still the same angry person (see previous paragraph) I met all those years ago and although I was just as angry in the bad old days I have mellowed(or matured I’m never sure) and I simply can’t be arsed anymore, she is angry with Traffic, with Parking, with it being a Tuesday or simply the fact that she is angry! I’m not saying that I can’t have my moments, I know I can, thankfully they are few and far between these days and in all honesty I have turned into something of an empty vessel, if truth be told I’m down to a dull roar and she is still at full blast!

As always, we sail onwards (navigator need a navigator) we have many cunning plans, they very rarely come to fruition that doesn’t mean that we can’t plot and scheme and keep trying, one day we will take over the world, I mean be a little more successful than we are at the moment, lets take each day as it comes and soon enough it will be another 25 years! The journey isn’t over, not yet anyway, I’m sure she will tell me when she has won the lottery and tells me to jog on, here’s fingers crossed for better days ahead.

I’ve got a reputation of being a man with a gift of words,

A romantic poetic type or so they say!

So, a short little blog simply to say thank you to the wife (yes there will flowers bought for her) that comes as a given, as we march towards cunning plan number 6739007, thank you thank you thank you!

Or the easiest way is…………………. Cliché

So here is the first blog of three that have all been nearly written back to back, the next one is a response to a question from Nils and Suki who asked the same question, wait and see, I don’t wish to spoil the surprise and then the one after that is simply me letting you know potentially what is happening in the blogs until the end of the year, don’t say I don’t give you plenty of notice.

So, watch the skies for incoming, unless something gets in the way, another one will be here at the weekend, so stay alive and stay safe but until then…………………………. Toodles!

And yes, the name bloody game is in play.

No comments:

Post a Comment