Sunday 1 September 2019

Now Hear This 4.



Ok so I have been a tad busy over the last couple of days, but so have you lot as I have been flooded with tons of queries some good , some strange, some well lets not go there, but obviously English is not your first language, these blogs go down quite well, I was going to use this format for the last blog (number 500 is fast approaching) but somehow I feel that there will be an abundance of questions for that one, so strap yourself in this could be a bumpy ride (NOT!).

Why do you not reread the old blogs?
I feel as though I would go around in circles if I did, my memory is not the best (dementia kicking in) and some people have questioned some of the things that I have written about, not the facts just the order that I write about them, it’s how I remember them and sometimes I really struggle, sometimes though I miss my friends and rereading them would just be a negative thing, it’s a great positive whilst writing it, but life is crap enough I don’t need to be reminded all the time that it is.

Are you happy if blogs do low numbers?
It doesn’t matter if nobody reads them, its simply a way of me trying to feel better in myself, I’m over the moon if they do well, again the blogs don’t do anywhere near the numbers that I got whilst blogging on myspace, but actually they are doing pretty close to it when you consider how many blogs I have written this year I have outstripped last year by more than 25% so I think it’s doing ok. I’m disappointed for my little ones if they don’t do good numbers as I don’t know why they didn’t get a better reaction, I suppose it’s a little bit like life!

Why Songs for Titles?
I get asked this all the time and to be honest its simply whatever I’m playing at the time of writing the blog, I have tried other ways of creating a title and its simply not conducive to the process, I have used film titles as well, I simply get drawn back to music, sorry if you don’t like the answer but I am being honest, it also usually gives an indication of the mood I’m in.

More Historical?
Again another question that gets asked all of the time, I can’t force these, the bulk of these are written when something is triggered “The Dawn Patrol” was written about a specific time in my life about a person who I loved dearly and I was despondent for days afterwards because I miss them so much, I think it’s a great blog, but I wasn’t prepared for all of the crap that came with it, again my memory isn’t what it used to be and I’m not going to do something half arsed for the sake of it, they will arrive when the time is right, rest assured there is a couple more that I do wish to tell!

Your boat appears to be leaking (boating analogies)?  
Well not as much as it used to, I used to use boating analogies all of the time, I have no idea why, but thankfully no more, well not very often I have no idea why maybe I have found my safe harbour (LOL).


Are You Honest when Writing?
Brutally so, these aren’t done off the cuff, I prep and then write these out long hand then type them up, altering them and polishing them every step of the way, then proof read them and finally I post them, there’s a whole heap of work goes into them before they get anywhere near posted, and yes sometimes there’s mistakes (I never said I was perfect) but again there’s always a timeframe even when I haven’t written in a while.

What makes you Happy?
Good friends, Family and believe it or not Work and yes sometimes I consider the blog is work, I used to run to cheer myself up, however with the state of my knees I can’t run anymore, I’m not as miserable as I used to be! hell no, you should have seen me as a younger person god I was a misery, I’m a work in progress some times there are good days and then sometimes there are bad, of late there are more good than bad, lets just take one day at a time!

Don’t You Have a Social Life?
Yes and No, there a large number of things to take into consideration, Finance is the main one, Fun isn’t cheap anymore, work is also a consideration strange shifts and work patterns, my own as well as the wife’s, but health is also a big consideration as well, I have some good days so does the wife but we both also have some crappy days and I’m not talking mental health, the wife was off yesterday and we were going to do wonderful things and even have a night out, she got up feeling like she had gone a dozen rounds with Mike Tyson bless her, a lot of things need to align, but yes from time to time we do go out, not as much as we would both would like, but The Tee Hee Club will ride again!

Plans for the Future?
Another often asked question, well the blog as we know it will end at blog number 500 (this is number 438) and although I do intend to still write just not in this format, more than likely music reviews albums and gigs and the such like, I’m sure at some point the “thing” will become more focused but that’s the current plan I’m sure numbers will dry up, that’s the nature of such things, the world will keep spinning there’s not a lot any of us can do about that, again I might spit my dummy out and go on for another 500 (don’t hold your breath) things blog wise have a tendency to stay “Fluid”!

Family – Doesn’t it Help?
Not that I’m aware of, I love my family even the annoying ones (oooh that would be all of them) this is about me and not them……………Allegedly!

Father Figure / Jealousy seemed kind of personal?
Those two blogs certainly hit a raw nerve, what do you want me to say that’s what I felt at the time of writing them, I don’t know the individual that spawned me, and I wasn’t too bothered about him until I discovered he was quite close to us all of this time, I’m in a better place now but I still have my moments, I don’t know how you can just abandon two children, they were two blogs written in the space of 24 hours, there was a lot of bile, lets just leave it there!

Obsession about Digits?
Well I am and then I’m not , it depends on the mood and whether I thought I had written something good, some that I think are OK go through the roof and some that I think are the best stuff I have written do next to nothing, I don’t know how it works I promote the blogs in a limited kind of way but sometimes some blogs have a life of their own, to be honest its just me trying to figure out how it actually works, it’s safe too say I haven’t yet!

What does your place of work think of the blogs?
As far as I’m aware nothing, I don’t promote it in that direction, and as far as I’m aware I know of only one person who has read it on a regular basis, I don’t really write about work, so I don’t thing it would be an issue, I will let you know when I get my P45 (for those of you in countries outside of the UK it’s the document you receive when you are made unemployed).

Technology?
I keep getting asked why I rant at technology, well its simple or rather I am, I am now and have always been shit with technology I have no patience, its all my own making, I was told by someone that I was a man born out of time, I should have been born in the 20’s not the 60’s, I do not disagree with that statement, please believe me that there is plenty more rage in this  older person to come, I would gladly live in a cave with no technology, I’m not saying its bad I’m saying I’m a dumbass!

Good Days, Bad Days, Meh Days?
As long as I start a day feeling happy then I can put up with just about anything, some days do spiral out of control (me with my reputation) and some days I do simply feel Meh, I don’t control it, it is what it is the fact that I have accepted it seems to mean more days being happier, I can live with that!

Why not post more stuff from the books now that they are deleted?
Sometimes I do, but it still has to be relevant to what I’m feeling at the time, so yes watch this space that could happen, like greatest hits kind of thing you never know!

Do You remember Writing the Old Blogs?
Honestly about 99% of the time that’s a big fat no, usually the title has not a lot to do with the blog, sometimes it has a lot to do with the blog, when my dementia kicks in I might reread them and chuckle or go who the hell is this miserable turd, its like in Harry Potter I drag them out onto the page and forget them , I have been asked specific questions about certain blogs and I have had to go back and reread them because I haven’t got a clue on what was written, not because it was a bad blog its simply to refresh this tired brain of mine!

Do You Miss Working in the Music industry?
Another big fat no, I miss some of the people , I enjoyed most of the times, but no I wouldn’t go back it was specific time in my life, its also like a muscle if you don’t use it you lose it, I have been asked to help a couple of friends out over the last few years and it was painful like smashing my head into a brick wall repeatedly, not enjoyable, back in the day (listen to this old timer) it was a pleasure, some lovely people some pure evil people but it was around five years of intensity that I feel that I am way too old to relive, thank you and bring me something fresh! If you want to know what I really think look for the blog “Kiss Like Judas” that really should tell you all that you need to know!

Do you feel Old?
Only in body not in spirit, inside I still feel 16, admittedly I wouldn’t want to be 16 now I do not envy the young!

What Advice would you give other Bloggers?
Cough splutter, have you been reading the blog , there are much better blogs/ bloggers out there, read them, chat to them, set your sights and simply go for it, if you enjoy writing that’s all you need to know the more you do it the better that you allegedly become at it, I’m doing alright as a number of you keep coming back to read them, do it to enjoy, don’t do it as a chore if you do it as a chore it will come across in the blog.

There you have it I hope that some of you have enjoyed this instalment of “Now Hear This” all of the questions or variants have been asked multiple times since the last episode, there are a number which keep getting asked if you feel that I have missed your question read the previous ones, you will find the answers there.

As always thanks to you who read who click like / share you all know who you are no names no pack drill, I’m, nearing the last lap of this blog, just over 50 or so to go so if you do have a question number 500 will be the last version of this, enjoy and watch the skies for incoming it will be just under a week as I am way for work on a course, play nice and I will see you all soon enough…….Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment