Thursday 31 January 2019

Made to be Broken




So, for once not a song title but taken from an advert for ice cream, yes you guessed it no name game for this particular blog, I have toyed with the idea for most of the day wanting to write something just left of centre, I have no idea if I have done what I wanted to, let’s see what you lot think.

My health has been all over the place over the last week from the very depths of hell to the heights of success, but as always, I seem to be getting ahead of myself, bear with me! I came down with a case of galloping gut rot last week, I simply wished I could roll over and die, I kid you not, it came from out of nowhere and took my legs from under me, I projectile vomited into the bin under my desk, not a pretty sight at all, and I can only apologise to those who got the whole gory picture (sight and sound so to speak) once expelled I thought that I had won the day, I was to be proved wrong, so very wrong, it lulled me into a false sense of security, let’s just say I lost all of the following rounds and ended up a corpse on the settee, thankfully I felt better after that, only just.

I managed to get to work the next day (what take a sickie…… I think not!) feeling slightly refreshed, Saturday I lay around like the proverbial loppy dog, Sunday we were up with the larks and decided to sneak across the border and go and see some of the south shield massive, we had some food which was lovely! The day went slightly off centre as we got distracted and headed for home later than intended and after only making one actual stop we all felt guilty on the way home, best laid plans and all of that, actually I felt a little well, strange to say the least, as it was much later than we had planned, we decided to get something quick and easy for our late meal, this did not sit well with me, I was laid up like a pregnant blue whale, large and in pain, thankfully no repeat of Thursday, but when I awoke up the next morning my stomach was still off and the journey to work was fraught with potential for danger with a capital D!

At some point I realised that I had to try and drop the kids off at the pool (think about, think about it……yeah there you go) thankfully there was much relief , my day progressed in a better frame of mind, however my day was still impacted (quite literally) and I headed off to bed as soon as I possibly could, is this to be my life under the current health and fitness regime?, the next day I was up like a rubber ball being thrown for a puppy, damn I was bright eyed and bushy tailed, people were not exactly happy to see bouncy bushy tailed me, go figure! Tuesday was a much better prospect and although I had to deal with work and all that, that entails it was a good day, Wednesday I was at the quacks for my monthly session at my diabetics clinic I was over the moon to have lost yet another six pounds of fat and a further conversation regarding my ongoing health, it turns out because I have lost all of this weight my body simply cannot convert large doses of food, so the upshot is eat less you greedy………I’m sure that you all get the picture!

So why the title for the blog , well it would appear we are fragile and as humans we straddle a fine line of good health and ill health, I prefer the former, and although I hadn’t really over done it with food (all good no junk) my body simply went on strike, so I need to make sure I keep doing all the good things and simply not over do any more of it, it’s not a good feeling I can assure of it, I prefer the health bouncy bushy tailed me then the wounded soldier crawling over broken glass version that I become once I over indulge, more planning required I think, but I do promise to be a good boy!

And that as they say is that, nothing too profound simply stating I need to be ever vigilant in a mass of mediocre food and I have to avoid the black dog of despair which has a tendency to drag me to the fridge simply because it can. The end of the month and the end of another small missive, keep the comments coming we seem to hit a rich seam and the numbers are bloody fantastic, lets keep this groove  going, keep spreading the disease and watch the skies for the next blog, hopefully incoming will be sooner rather than alter, so until then……..Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment