Friday 22 June 2018

In the light.


So, a week of nightshift finished, I’m led to believe that this is what daylight looks like?

I have no problem doing this shift, as a rule I can just about sleep anywhere, anytime the old army adage, eat while you can, sleep while you can, as you never know when you get either again! Normally I grab a quick snooze before the first shift, this time sleep escaped me, I know me with my reputation, never mind we kicked on and got through the first night with only a few glitches.

Home and off to bed, but up by eleven, I usually sleep the sleep of the dead, this wasn’t to be the case, although I did blink a few times through the course of the day, back to work and again only a couple of glitches of a computer kind, again problem soon solved, we plodded on at a good pace again home but I decided I wasn’t going to disturb the wife as I was going to my diabetes clinic, I was feeling the need to whinge! I do believe that I mentioned this previously, I managed a couple of hours of sleep and made it to my appointment with plenty of time to spare (again me with my reputation). but I was feeling punch drunk through lack of sleep.

Well, I may have been on time, however the ladies weren’t, thankfully I didn’t go off on them for there tardiness as my results were better than expected, still shite but hey I can live with that, it’s the little victories, I was also really tired, have I mentioned that I was tired,  that I ignored my big brother who was allegedly tooting horn at me as I wandered home from the quacks,  I soon crawled back into my pit but was awake again by one, I wasn’t used to this, I wasn’t shattered, but I wasn’t rested either, onwards was the order of the day, back to work again and we were actually trying to finish early, we ran out of time, but did a lot better than we thought we would, again another short night of sleep, but the finish line was in sight, so I sucked it up.

The last night went disastrously wrong as soon as we stepped onto site, I’m not going to bore you with the details, some people simply didn’t step up to the plate, I will be having words, some people just didn’t know when to fuck off, thankfully some did and we ploughed on doing all the extra stuff we didn’t expect, the finish line was crossed, I took my wounded and damaged body (ok my dodgy knees) and slept, not quite as long as I hoped.

I now realise I have to get my finger out and blog, some historical stuff is being prepped and “The Whalers Dues” has been pushed to the too controversial pile, its not about rednecks but could quite easily cause a similar outcry, the good news is that I haven’t deleted it, I will just keep trying to make it a little more palatable for you the discerning masses, music has not been played as much as I like, although I did help the wife compile a rather spiffing Spotify play list for her journey to work, me I am reviewing a rather good album that has totally taken me by surprise, go to WWBH – Tribal if you want to find out what it is, I will do at least two more this weekend, but again I need to get out of the rut that the blog has been in this last couple of weeks, so I must try harder, let me know how you think I do (once  I have posted the blighters).

So, once again it’s the weekend the wife will be working, so shall I be, with music and blogs and hopefully some small tasks around the house, no name game today, its simply the title that I thought of as I wrote this little missive I am alive (and kind of well) the bug is back, so watch the skies for incoming but until then Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment