Wednesday 2 November 2016

Fashion


Fashion.

Oh what a surprise I slept in (again) I could only apologise to G and E my body clock is just playing tricks on me and mine, we weren’t going far just to the mall behind our hotel so I don’t think I was in the dog house for too long although the wife was accosted by a chap handing out cd’s (who then wanted some money erm no feck off!) she soon caught up with us and we were soon knee deep in hand bags and me and G were gawping at gay staff wearing scarf’s indoors, now please don’t get upset, we aren’t homophobic it’s just this guy had stolen his entire  style from G when he goes into handbag mode (what you haven’t seen G do his hand bag mode ...you lucky bastards!) we were starting to get hungry and E was disappointed with the handbag selection although the wife got one (what a surprise) so we distracted E by giving the wife the map and then lost the next three days in a Bermuda triangle style affair which only ended when me and G were able to pull us from the magnetic force field and for us to head true north (let’s just say the wife wouldn’t be an ideal partner for a shopping centre orienteering course) we headed up into the food court I wasn’t sure what to have as my stomach was getting better every day, I love the food in America I didn’t want to kill the day by overdoing it! I was tempted to have a Nathan’s hot dog again but instead opted for the Wendy’s breakfast bun which if truth be told was a bit too much for me (but I did eat it all) so again I sat a wee while and contemplated my next course of action thankfully it was to press on and go shopping (woo hoo).

We wandered far and wide and I must have been feeling well as I went into shopping centre mode taking a few snaps for a project back at work which got everybody’s interest (result) we dabbled in a little bit of this and that and G looked at lenses and stuff and while G was strutting his stuff he came across Neo who G knew straight away as he is down with his rap stars, E was well impressed until he admitted over hearing who it was, everybody disappeared into the Levi’s shop (I’m too fat at the moment to spend money on expensive jeans but it’s what I’m aiming for) and after a short period of time E came and got me as the wife wanted an opinion (me wanted in 34 countries by the fashion police and she wants my advice yeah right) at this point I realised I should have gone in the shop straightaway as G had been running amok and the staff thought The Tee Hee Club were/are mental and it would be fun to party with (her words not ours what can I say our reputation is worldwide) at this point the wife went into E T mode and had to phone home and G without Kes his homing kestrel but with superior map reading skills soon found her one, crisis averted we headed back to Treasure Island.

While we got sorted G wanted some batteries for the flash that he had bought he just shook his head when I produced a pack of twelve (admittedly Kodak ones that are cack but I do like to be prepared) and while G flashed the early evening away in camera mode we closed the door on the profanities and violence and for the first day of the holiday we went into money mode (normally I’m worried in the airport getting there) we had a budget and we were on course (unbelievable with our reputation) so we were happy I wanted to get some spare cash out on my card (just to be on the safe side) and we managed to do that but the card was funny from there on in and I was in major stressed mode that we had over spent and potentially might not be able to pay the hotel bill(sneaky tax I mean) at the end of the week(actually when we got home and the bill turned up we had spent about half of what we were expecting to so I have no idea what the problem was (the bunch of tw@ts..... continued at rant.com)Problem solved we relaxed and headed out  to the Hard Rock Cafe thankfully there was no Con Air so we didn’t have to worry about any low flying traffic, we got in and it was nice I have to admit I was more interested in the memorabilia (and I seriously do doubt if Vince Neil ever got into the pants that they claim belonged to him) it was at this point once I started to gamble that I realised drinking and gambling shouldn’t go hand in hand as I was sloppy (but I won)  thankfully we didn’t stay long as in the mood I was in potentially I could have lost $4 instead of my usual $3 hahaha.

We marshalled our forces and jumped into a Taxi and headed out to the Crown and Anchor an English themed pub a short ride away (although on a previous holiday G had walked it nutter) we sat and ordered although G did ask if the waitress had ever seen a chicken with fingers as he ordered cue blank stare and nervous laugh “you guys are English then” oh yes we are how did she guess, we did  assure her  that G was safe and we received Brown ale on draught (yuk) but we had to fly the flag, the food was lovely I was finally getting my sea legs so to speak for the food but the brown ale would haunt me for the rest of the evening (not that I minded) and after the meal I was stuffed for the first time since getting to America damn it, we stepped outside and enjoyed a lovely clear night sky and as we waited for our cab back to the hotel one guy came out as he was heading home and he recognised our accents and we had a short but pleasant chat about our pleasant and green land, then the taxi pulled in and set off only to have to endure Mr. Misery as a driver and we were glad to get out at the other end we headed  upstairs we had a busy day tomorrow it was our last full day and we had an awful lot to do and it was going to be the day that “Peter” finally arrived on the strip! watch out Vegas Peter is coming to town and he’s bringing his Buckets T-shirt with him this could only get messy, I had a lot of catching up to do! but we were prepared and loaded for bear we didn’t care if we brought the whole damn town crashing down around our ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment