Tuesday 25 July 2023

Let the music do the talking…part47!


 

Another day another dollar and now we have a lawyer involved so everything turns to shit and costs money, we were about 99% done and the lawyer stuck their oar in and turned it into a complete cluster fuck! Ah well life goes on …….allegedly!

It would appear that the world and his relatives have gone (to hell in a hand basket) on holiday, how do I know? Well public transport has gone kind of quiet, my knees are doing their level best to give me as much pain as they can (and they hurt) simply because of the distance I walk on a daily basis, but music (as always) soothes the savage beast, since getting the Apple account I seem to be reliving my youth with a substantial amount of the music being played is coming from the period 1975 to 1985, I do listen to “new” music usually by artists I love, but that’s not to say that I dismiss “newer” artists, I do occasionally go down that particular rabbit hole, but its artists from yesteryear (Arthur Askey rocks) and I return to my (cough splutter) youth! My grandson has no idea why I love my music so much, I asked why he loves his games so much, I simply told him Music is to me what his games are to him, it would appear that he got it!

I doubt his love of games will ever hit the intensity that I feel for music , my obsession, for B sides, the artwork, the production teams, the sleeve notes the thrill of opening something new (for my brain to devour). I was so disappointed when had to cancel his latest vinyl re- releases (they looked awesome) due to quality control issues, I have had to contend myself with CD/DVD release of the 13th star boxset in all its glory. what he should on Farcebook was simply stunning ,I was drooling, fingers crossed it might pop up at some point (fingers crossed) the new remix for 13th star is stunning and bodes well for upcoming Vigil in the wilderness of mirrors and Internal Exile reissues coming later in the year. I don’t buy anywhere near what I used to splurge on due to the lack of disposable income so I actually have to be selective (I know me with my reputation) if I won the lottery I would out spend Elton John and put his collection to shame! in real life it appears I have to be an adult (boo hoo).

My obsessiveness has also moved onto musical biography’s, hence the last blog(with more to come) it would appear if I’m careful I can get a lot more bargains for my pounds, me thrifty I think so. I have a wish list (don’t panic I won’t bore with it) but I will do more blogs once I have read a few more, just to warn you all………INCOMING!

Musically on the live front, its going to be limited, again purely because of disposable income or lack of it (at the present time) The prices of tickets are simply ludicrous, and the modern way of buying tickets just means  that there will be more rip offs the rich get richer and the artists get fuck all! I’m not a skin flint I will pay to see artists that I like but I wont pay three figures in a shed or a stadium, I only need three more official gigs to hit the 5000 mark I’m not talking pub bands and the such like as that would take it even higher, 4997 is not the number I intend to go out on, I believe I have seen just about everybody on my wish list (and yes I have seen Arthur Askey) but that doesn’t mean that we will not be attending gigs! Its going to be the best way to reintegrate the wife back into the support system that is our friends, we will watch and wait, slowly slowly catchee monkey!

Blog numbers have been good (four figure good) and last month alone the blogs got four times as many hits as normally get, now if only I could get that every month I could retire off to the Maldives……..oops sorry I fell asleep for a second there, its strange whenever we get a big lift like that its always a massive lift!

So as always its onwards, I need to get back to a level I’m happy with and to do it consistently, I was hoping it was going to get easier now that life had given us a kicking (it appears that life’s not finished kicking us just yet) hopefully it should return to some kind of order, its what the wife needs as she has been hit really hard in the last 6 months or so, we have to move on with life (that’s easy for me to say) we have to re-engage with the outside world i know it’s going to be hard, but I will be there to hold her hand for all of the screaming and the tears, as she has stood by me in my dark times, I’m trying to plot a holiday even if its just a short one, as always more cunning plans, so yes onwards!

The name game is in play but let’s have the original artist and not the remake he made with that band, try not to google it as it is kind of easy!

So that’s it for this missive I hope it hits the mark like the others seem to have, so stay safe and stay alive and play tons of music , until the next time……..Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment