Sunday 16 July 2023

Four on the Floor – Books – Volume 1.


And now for something just a little bit different!

I will read a musical biography; I don’t care even if it’s the Spice Girls individual missives I do like a historical musical book so here is the last 4 that I have read!.

Into the void – Geezer Butler – 6/10.

An easy read (under 5 hours) but it didn’t really go into tons of details, there was nothing that I didn’t know, apart from his early life before Sabbath, I don’t dislike it, but a bit more detail would have been good, I would like to have seen what the publisher actually cut out that might have been juicer!

Lonely Boy – Steve Jones – 3/10.

God this was boring again an easy read and started off quite well, but it basically repeated itself, bless me I’m thick, I was abused, I stole , I became an addict with everything! And then repeat, again quite crap on the details it started off really well and then well let’s just say this has been the biggest disappointment of the year, like school he could do better!

The Storyteller – Dave Grohl – 8/10.

I like the man, not a huge fan of any bands he’s played in, I could listen to his greatest hits no problem, but I do like his passion, and he comes across really well, lots of details, you can tell he’s a fan of music and he has actually put some effort into this, if you like these kind of biographies I do recommend this book!

For Facts Sake – Bob Daisley – 9.5/10.

No matter what I read for the rest of the year this is the book for me, to be honest I have been trying to get a copy for the last couple of years, but it always seems to be sold out, well I have it, and its Fab, simply crammed with tons of info cracking pictures and loads of stuff I kind of knew but this gives all the gory details, not salacious jut the actual facts, I can’t recommend it highly enough, why the reduction in the score well he’s a David Icke fan and has been involved with Scientology for some courses, I don’t mind either whatever floats your boat, however having read a number of books from both sides of these particular fences well let’s just say as a person who I have met the man and he is a lovely chap I just don’t care for his reading choices, but this for me definitely book of the year!

So, there you go a short missive as I get my life back into gear, something coming down the track again soon, until then ……….Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment