Sunday 16 April 2023

Better Man.


So, things are still a tad difficult, the house is still upside down and still bloody dusty, but I am getting there slowly, this will be another small quickie (ooer missus).

So, everybody knows I’m a bus wanker, I travel to and from work via public transport, and after a while you get to know the people and their foibles, all their quirks and so on, I usually sit-down stairs as I struggle to get back downstairs because of my issues with my knees! It was the same old faces, but this morning a lady sat in front and actually turned to me and actually said my full name (WTF!) it turns out she went to the same school as me, two years below me but she knew me, I didn’t have a clue, I still don’t know her name.

We made polite small talk (I wanted to sleep but that wasn’t an option) nothing serious only took 40+ years to make a connection, anyway she prattled, I listened, she hadn’t seen me since I left school (then how the hell did she recognize me?) it gets a little hinkey as she got up to get off the bus a couple of stops before me, “I’m glad you’re no longer a dick like you were at school” again WTF! As you can imagine I had just a few questions, why did she think that I was a dick at school? and how did she know I wasn’t the same person that I was then, now I don’t think I was the most popular person or even in the top ten of good guys, but why was I considered a dick!

It hasn’t given me any sleepless nights, but I do in my quiet moments, wonder, how was I a dick? Again I’m not saying I was fabulous, but I wasn’t bad or even her words “a dick”, I’m not sure where I go with it, to be honest it will soon consigned to a distant memory, but I thought I had better get it out there while it’s in the small grey matter, so if anybody has a clue as to why I was a dick, answers on a postcard to Idontactuallygiveafuck.com I needed a blog and this was it!

Hopefully in the coming weeks we will be back to something classed as normal, so stay safe and be good, now I’m off for a cup of tea and to have a couple of doughnuts, so until the next time play nice and be good……………….Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment