Wednesday 20 May 2020

Waiting for Tomorrow.



 I ain’t got nothing , well nothing resembling any kind of intelligence, I have been stuck in the house since March 23rd and I have had enough, it would appear that I am part of a high risk group, diabetic, obese and  bald, ok so I’m not sure about the last one but this is driving me nuts!

Me and the wife have done well, we have had only two small world wars, and no I’m not holding a grudge, I have tried to remain positive but life kind of bubbles over the pan, the wife and the youngest have been brilliant, but they get to leave the house, I just have to sit and fester!

Why do I fester? do you not read the previous blogs? Its in my nature, the work of idle hands and all that kind of bullshit, I think I have done fantastically well considering, I’m missing my family, my friends (I really am missing my friends) damn it I’m even missing work, thankfully I return next week to mountains of tasks, one that I am looking forward to with relish!

Technically this week I am on holiday but it seems like forever since I have tasted the sweet fresh air of freedom, the only time I go out is to put out or collect the bins, we had new windows and front door put on just before lockdown I haven’t even been out the front door yet! my blood pressure is soaring, I have been crippled with high blood pressure over the last couple of days, something I need to concentrate on, more exercise required, my music collection is pretty damn near perfect alphabetically, chronologically and everything vinyl wise in nice shiny PVC covers, I bought the wife some Kiss stuff for hers (because I’m a nice guy) some Kiss jigsaws and they have been driving her more batshit crazy than she normally is, she has completed the Rock & Roll Over one she just needs a frame for it, then she will start on the Love Gun one, me with a cunning plan, no dear reader I’m just trying to occupy her and keep her sane, its in my interests to do so.

Normal service to be resumed what the hell is normal these days, I was doing really well blog wise (as always the numbers have been great) but I seem to have hit a road block since the trilogy, it was all good, no negativity but now nothing, hence this drivel, now I know what Rudolph Hess was feeling, actually I’m trying to make light of a crap situation, I certainly have no intention of causing harm to myself or others!

The TV has been very seductive and I have actually been binge watching bits and pieces, mainly historical documentaries, but I can see how seductive it is, definitely an opiate for the masses! So I hope every one of you is safe and sound, I hope you and yours are coping better than me (I really do need to stop buying vinyl for my Fish collection)music has been soothing the savage beast, but in the words of the animals I really do need to get out of this place!

As I’m back to work next week I’m hoping interaction with other people will help fire up the synapsis in a positive way, I really want to get back to the winning ways of late, people have started sending in questions for one last “Now Hear This” that wont be happening until nearer number 500 but its getting closer with each blog so if you want to know something, send it in don’t be shy!

The name game as always is in play, I have been blasting this beauty on repeat since I got up, lets see how many get it, hopefully the log jam will break and there will be a better blog along soon, keep watching the skies for incoming, until then stay safe and stay alive…………..Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment