Sunday 31 May 2020

Mood for a Day.


The world it would appear is tinder dry, I made a small post on Farcebook regarding how little electronic interaction I was having (it wasn’t a complaint) a simple statement and the world cared, well kind of, if only for a moment!

I had been working diligently on a new blog (no not this one) and I simply posted that I was missing my friends, some human interaction with the people I call friends, I thought it was such a simple statement, after all I have been stuck indoors for over 70 days, lots of people thought I was in a bad place (I wasn’t, I’m not, it’s kind of fluid) but it did strike a chord.

Do I come across as that kind of person that I need to have the world love me (erm fuck no) but it was lovely that so many people checked in, most who I have known for years but if we were to pass in the street I would probably only tip my hat (figuratively) all lovely people, but to be honest I was quite shocked (in a pleasant kind of way) I do take the temperature of my day, as long as I  can get up happy it’s a great place to start, I know I rarely end the day in the same mood, but I will take what I can get. Even under lock down I have been primarily “happy” my concern is mainly for the wife who is suffering with her back at the moment and she has an eye infection and she has to put up with me, so a perfect trifecta, she at least can exit the property. If only for a short while.

Shocks and surprises have been the order of the day (well week actually) we got our electric bill, we were dreading the long fall onto the mat, three people in lock down using electricity all day every day, it floated, we paid it and put it behind us, no complaints, nothing to see here move along, we had a lovely face time session with peeps and I wore an assortment of hats (don’t ask) and some furniture from Ikea turned up, honestly we will get the house in some sort  of semblance of order at some point, but at long last our vinyl has pride of place in the living room, our back room is 50% tidy now, it looks so different, and one of the wife’s Kiss jigsaws (I bought her two) is framed and on the wall, hurry up with number two, after 16 years its starting to feel like home.

I need to go back to work to stop me buying vinyl, well only for my Fish collection, I only need one album (£30 for a second hand album that’s over 25 years old……nope and about 8 various singles, promos and the such like should do it) at no point has the wife complained, I know I’m still waiting, cunning plan 1254671 is still inching ever forward, fingers crossed, and at most points I’m still kind of happy, I have no idea what the hell has gone wrong! At least most days I’m sleeping ok, well longer than normal although I have been padding around since six this morning, well I have a blog to produce, the last couple have done fab and I know this is a tad late but the huge showing of affection kind of stopped me  in  my tracks, I have another one (historical) 90% finished which I intend to put up there as soon as this one dies, the last one was still being read as of yesterday.

So, there’s the shock of the year, I’m happy, well as one can be, I’m fussing over the wife as she does need some TLC. Thank you for everybody showing that the world can be a nice place if even for a split second (it really does help) the name game on the last blog really does show that people use google to try and find the song, by the way it was The Rods off their second album, the only person who got it right was, Suki from Singapore and on her first visit to the page, sorry that’s as much as a prize that you will get I’m afraid, so onto another week in lock down, and to formulate more cunning plans (Guernsey) for the future, I hope everybody is doing well just remember stay safe and stay alive, I don’t want to lose any readers, how selfish am I?

So look to the skies for incoming, I’m trying to be a beacon of light in these dark days, if the disease isn’t affecting you then events are conspiring for people to kill each other and that’s really not what life or the blog is about (damn I am a bloody hippy) so take a deep breath we are over the hump, we can do this, listen to music (lots of it) love your family and  friends and there will be another blog along before you know it, so until then ………………Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment