Tuesday 12 May 2020

Misplaced Childhood.



There was no intention to turn this into a trilogy, however I have felt I have driven off the road in wanting to write anything, it did take more out of me as I thought it might, numbers were damn good and I have had a couple of “conversations”  with peeps in the blogs and not in the blogs. The peeps in the blogs will remain private, as it was great to reconnect with one or two people, not as in sit in a pub and have a piss up type of thing, but simply nice to draw a line under things and move on down the road.

Some people were simply intrusive, this happens when I write this particular type of blog, I get it, and some of you guys don’t, I also lied when I said normal service will be resumed, this is late and really just a post script to finish off this train of thought, some peeps had probing questions, again lets keep them private, but I wasn’t rude and hopefully I answered them all as honestly as  I could. There are some unanswered questions as always in life, I wish there wasn’t but that’s how the cookie crumbles, if I can put up with it I’m afraid you guys will have to as well!

The blogs were written about a specific part of my life there is no mention of my life and friends in Gimpsville purely and simply as there wasn’t a great deal of drama, we were country bumkins who enjoyed what we had and made the most of it, again although I’m still friendly with these people, I see them in the street in passing about every ten years, the world moved on, I wish it hadn’t but again there’s an awful lot of cookies crumbling in this blog!

I haven’t written about the people I call friends these days, again I’m not a misery thanks to the wife’s work patterns and my own shifts, we rarely get the chance to see everybody, its great when we do as we have some wonderful friends now, admittedly most of them are the wife’s friends and after thirty years together it would appear they don’t all dislike me, that’s strange in itself, if I was a single bloke I probably would live in isolation in a cave out in the country some where thankfully the wife helps me to stay grounded and in touch (kind of) with the outside world.

So what has been happening, well sod all, we still have cunning plans, I haven’t done anything as much as I should  have, seven weeks stuck in the house will do that to you, mind you my record/CD collection is near as damn perfect as it can be with plastic covers for all the albums and I’m now working on our singles, stuff that hasn’t seen the light of day in years I have started to log everything, I should do for insurance purposes, yes that’s how sad I have become dammit I have even started watching the television, I know me with my reputation, the intention is to give my head a shake a and try and return to a proper blog rather than drivel, however it would appear that I cannot promise anything as allegedly I have been writing drivel for the  last few years!

That’s the blog for this week, keep doing what ever you lot have been doing as the numbers have been fantastic, it makes this old man happy to see that some one wants to check in on me, so until the next time watch the skies for incoming…….Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment