Monday 23 December 2019

Over the Top


Well this is very nearly the last blog of the year, work has kept me busy so I have not gathered any thoughts, I know its been nearly three weeks, but I am old, lets see what happens shall we.
Only one more before the end of the year and I am determined for it to be “The Whalers Dues” well at the moment it is but, never say never, I could always delete it rather than publish the bloody thing, I would hate for anybody to think that it’s a pile of poop! We shall see, consider it an end of year present.

Looking at the way the blogs have been running, next year will potentially be the last year of the blog as I head to the magic 500 number, I shall need to up my game and be full of positivity as I would like to end the blog on a high note, numbers have been pretty damn good even if the last one has taken an age to be the best read blog of the year, seriously numbers have gone up year on year, this one will potentially take us over the 50000 hits, was the last one slow simply  because I was being honest or was it because I used a Billy Joel song title well done to those who still have a go at the name game, and no this one is not a motorhead B side it’s the title track of……ah that would be telling you!

Tomorrow is my last check up of the year, my health has been rather shitty for the last couple of months, my number one objective for the new year is to get better in every sense of my being, and hopefully I will keep the updates to good ones as infrequently as I possibly can, my intention is to out run the sandman who doses me just about every night as I tend to snooze in the living room most nights, I know I can do better.

Cunning plans are still afoot , but I will keep my powder dry and run silent run deep on the progress of these cunning plots until I literally have something concrete to report, but things are progressing at a snails pace, its still progress, today was a busy day, up with the larks to go to the dentist, I bought the wife some flowers (simply because I can, no I had not done anything stupid, well not that I am aware of anyway) did some more decorating, went for a hobble with my youngest (which I regret as I am now bloody crippled) crawled around the loft trying to find  out how the vermin are still getting, in made tea for everybody and now I am sat here typing this (I told you I was a busy boy) I then intend to sit and be pleasant with the family (well it is Christmas) I may even have a glass or two of Jack.

Tomorrow I have another long list and I intend to crack on with it, lots to do, nothing to do with Christmas at all, everything that needs to be done has been, nope just a shit load of stuff, I like being busy, I wish I could be more busy, however life has caught up with me, and it keeps kicking me in the seat of my pants, so I will do what I can before I collapse in a heap, or fall asleep at some point , who knows I simply take each day as it comes now. Next year I promise me and the wife will be more social and that is a promise as long as the wife isn’t working a late shift give us a holler we will be there…..Hopefully!

At some point tomorrow night I will sit down to watch some version of A Christmas Carol/ Scrooge/Scrooged and then the festivities can begin, I hope you all have a fantastic time , I hope that you all get what you want, I just want to cook the dinner on the day (my one true bit of joy) then get on with life.

So watch the skies as the next blog has been a long time coming, and it will be the last one of the year, so eat drink and be merry, because on the next I cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war, its time to get some serious blogging done, until then………..Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment