Sunday 30 December 2018

Brother 52



So, as the year draws to a close and as always at this time of year my issues have played havoc with me and my brain (only due to tiredness and nothing to worry yourselves about) , thankfully the family have been great and have given my head a bloody good shake.

The year has generally been one of my most positive years, I have had my ups and downs but as a rule I would say 90% of the time I have been up! hopefully going forward things can stay positive in the new year ( I bet it all goes horribly wrong once I have completed writing this) and blog wise there should be more historical items coming down the track.

Negativity disappeared after my small little rant (see previous blog) and the numbers were quite stable given the nature  of my rant, numbers are in the ascendancy with over 38000 for the year, you think that I would be happy, and I suppose that I am, but you always want it to do better,  some have done well some have done even better and some have traipsed behind like the lost children that they are, but with an average 730 hits per blog this year I seem to be doing something right, the problem is I have no idea how that happens and I have no idea at how to improve what I’m doing (no I’m not looking for any tips it is what it is and I’m more than happy with what’s happening, as I have said in the past I’m a technophobe living in a modern age).

The name game still has its fans and if I’m honest it’s an easy way to get a head start and I like doing it, although I think these days when Nils gives me a wrong answer I’m sure he’s doing it to cheer me up. The landscape has changed over the last couple of years with the countries who are reading the blog and are not natural English speaking (however their written English is excellent……...much better than mine) some of the responses are lovely!

I have been receiving questions for the next “Now Hear This” blog, I have no problems with this however it is around a year and a bit away so try and keep your powder dry, I will stock pile the best questions so fear not fire them in when you can. Potentially blog number 500 is still online to be the last one, unless something else crops up, huge explosion of inspiration or some such thing, I honestly can’t see it progressing from there, I would like it to end on a high, and by then I have a sneaking feeling I will have said just about everything in my addled brain! If I thought I had anything interesting to say I would continue but even I know when the well is going to dry up!

I have plenty of ideas I’m just not sure that the way that I am saying it is not going stale, I’m sure that some of you will tell me one way or another and it is quite a way off (we are potentially looking at 2021) I intend to keep to 52 a year if I can and you know I have a tendency to move the goalposts when I want, why? Simply because I can!

Before anybody gets on my case “The Whalers Dues” is a true blog I just want to make sure that it is the best piece that I can write no matter when I finally do release it , a lot of people will be disappointed, some might find it humorous and some might simply enjoy the bile, it’s been so long gestating that I feel it might also be a damp squid, I had so many great thoughts whilst it formulated I simply did not want to lose it to the ether, its simply too good an idea to waste!

So that’s the end of year blog, I will see you all in the New Year with new ideas and some great blogs enjoy the holiday season enjoy the company of your loved ones, pets and anybody that I have missed, as always keep spreading the disease and watch the skies for incoming until then ……..

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment