Wednesday 24 May 2017

Me I Disconnect from You!


So, this will be short and sweet and if you guessed that the title is a Gary Numan Song, you have probably guessed my mood, I seem to have fallen out of love with being a social media whore!

I have been disgruntled over the last few weeks with “my” status on various platforms and how much social interaction I actually have with my actual friends (that’s people who I actually know in the real world) on line, I’m not expecting to be the centre of attention (that’s what the blog was for) but I am aware that I have little actual social interaction even with stuff that I post for humour, so I have decided to do a small social experiment,  the fact that I am telling you all my plan, must give an indication of my intent.

I’m not depressed, I’m not attention seeking, I’m somebody who is trying to connect or should that read as reconnect on a human level with the world, I have been grumpy most of my life and it’s something I want to change, the blog is not the answer, I thought it was but it appears that I am fooling myself, so for the moment I intend to suspend all connections (well sort of) to the modern age, no blogging no posting album covers no humorous pictures, no ranting or raving, no liking of pictures, you get the picture, I will be here, I will be checking messages but I intend not to instigate any interaction, I will respond to messages, I’m not a philistine!

I have a few issues and I think technology is feeding them, I had a witty exchange with the wife on Sunday which nearly ended up being world war 3, something I’m keen to avoid, and I believe it’s a chemical dependency on technology, well that’s my excuse, and I intend to stick with it, will I keep writing I believe I will, I have a nearly completed month 5 Blog 95% completed and it won’t get posted……. not in its current form. Am I done with the blog? I don’t think so, you never can tell with me, on Sunday I could write up a storm and post 32 blogs (ok a slight exaggeration) in one go, however I need to shake my approach to both my real and my virtual life, so this is not the long goodbye, this is simply Toodles until the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment