Sunday 15 January 2017

Fashion tips for an older Gentleman


One thing that you could never mistake me for is somebody who is comfortable in expensive clothes, you could put me in an expensive designer suit and I would still look like a bag of shite tied in the middle, it’s really not me!

When I was a kid it was always once I got out of school straight into jeans and t-shirt for a short time I was fashionable with Santos jeans (maybe it was just a Gimpsville thing) but I soon migrated to skinny jeans and I wasn’t bothered at how beat up they were, the worse the better as far as I was concerned. And for a while all I would wear on my feet were Dunlop Green Flash!

After the Army I lived in my combat jacket and was soon back into jeans and T-shirt and stayed like that until about 1985 when my first wife tried to help, me all she did was turn me into a clothes horse which I hated, it was so funny the day I moved out it was a van for my record and CD collection but the clothes I took (yes you guessed it combat jacket and jeans and t-shirts) sat on my lap in a hold all, I left all the other shite where it was wanted.

At this point I branched out into shirts and Jeans see I was starting to mature, and yes at this point I bought myself a suit for official occasions (I wore it three times) but that was it I had bags stashed in people’s houses all over the country that usually had a clean pair of Jeans a plain or sometimes a tour t-shirt with clean underwear in case I turned up unannounced, be prepared was my motto. It was funny I got some stuff back (dropped off at my mother’s) and the Jeans were a 28 inch waist (hahahaha) and the t-shirt was a small oh dear!

The wife bless her has tried valiantly to try and help me (with only moderate success) I don’t look good in clothes (trust me I look worse out of them) I feel guilty if I spend money on clothes I’m the wrong shape (Round is a shape) for a lot of things out in the fashion world, I can appreciate good clothes, and most of my friends look fab with a good eye, and their own style, me most of my clothes come from Asda and I’m at peace with that, maybe if I got back to being the buff thing that I was then maybe’s but I couldn’t/wouldn’t  justify spending a lot of money on clothes that I probably would look comfortable in!

Is this a complaint nope, hell no! do you guys not know me I’m a go with the flow kind of guy, with my own kind of inner compass (Ok the wife always tells me if I look like a prat) I don’t knowingly go out dressed without actually running absolutely every single part of what I’m wearing past her, I really do not have a clue. It’s funny how my brother does, mind you I have never dressed fashionably in my life so no faux pauxs that have  the potential to come back and bit me in the ass, I have always dressed shite so at least I’m consistent.

Any issues with what is contained within in any of my blogs past and present, please refer to the Fashion police’s handbook page one “this man is not to be trusted please dress him” that’s all it says on all the pages but by god it’s certainly true!  

No comments:

Post a Comment