Or rather it should read as, in my bathroom it should be “in my bathroom nobody can hear me scream” I continued on my journey to being an old person this very morning! I continue to not sleep very well, as I awoke this morning at around 3.45, a little bit of a lie in for me, the day started in the usual way, I woke up and lay for a minute in the vain hope that my body would say “roll over and go back to sleep” it didn’t, it did as it usually does, it laughed long and hard at me being so bloody puny!
I did the usual ablution's, got washed and brushed my old and ageing teeth and then decided to get changed, that’s when my luck ran out, trying to get my feet into my shorts. Wrong move, standing on one leg, the other one was being uncooperative and not wanting to do as it was told and that precise moment my other knee gave way, allegedly I went down like I had been shot by a sniper, my head something hard as did my shoulder and by my estimates I was out cold for around 30 minutes, I was sore I was dazed and I was definitely confused! I tried to clear my head and I also tried to stand, battered and bruised I gingerly made my way downstairs, I sat in a chair and finally pulled my shorts on, took some painkillers (they didn’t work)and attempted to make a cup of tea (well its the English way to start the day) I then sat and contemplated my own mortality.
In the last 5 years or so my body has gone from being generally quite fit, to the wreck at the bottom of the ocean that stands before you all now. Slowly but surely it has started to disintegrate, obviously it has been going on for a lot longer but its taken me a lot of slaps to the back of my head before I stopped and took any notice, by then the rot had started and well truly set in, oh dear is the sound that was heard all around the world!
I realise as life goes on that I’m not as immortal as my teenage body thought I was, over the years I have had some knocks, and to be honest most were my fault but in reality if I had thought about it, you pay for it in later life, not when the knocks occur, I am trying harder to be a better person and look after what's left of my body, some days I’m successful and well some other days I’m not, thankfully those days are far less than I imagined, I have always been a bit of a car crash but at least I’m sitting up and taking notice!
We are not all bullet proof some of us are luckier than others, I’m desperate to get my new knee and that will help do better, and I have promised myself to do better in the maintenance of this broken down shell of my body, I’m hoping and praying that I don’t have any more near misses, especially in the bathroom, as I do believe I was very lucky this morning and I’m not a bloody cat, I do not have nine lives! So there you go another little missive, I do believe I am sorting out my technical issues in my life and that I have been having with the blog, fingers crossed, good times are coming in all aspects, thanks for the kind words thanks for the reading of the blogs, so stay safe and stay alive, until the next time…..Toodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment