Sunday 21 April 2019

Up from the Deep.




I know I only seem to surface occasionally, like a U Boat from days of old, my health of late has been a bit off in all kinds of ways, I will do a brief up date and then hopefully normal service will be resumed well let’s see shall we(I know that you have all heard that one before).

Since the last blog (the Gerry Stickells related one) I have wished for death quite a few times, a swift one I had a bit of a poorly tummy with my insides trying to abandon ship via any escape hatch possible, it wasn’t nice it wasn’t clever, lets simply move on as quickly as it arrived, it left me wiped out in more ways than I care to mention , well actually it took over 5 days to leave, it definitely overstayed its welcome.

I then went back to work and I wasn’t a happy bunny, nothing to do with work (that makes a change I now) I simply wasn’t in a good space, and I was drowning not waving, I had many offers of help and I spurned just about every one offered, me pig  headed, erm that would be a yes then! To make matters worse I then suffered my worst bout of tinnitus ever 6 days and counting like a continuous drone of white noise, it hasn’t helped.

My diabetes seems to have levelled off at the moment its not perfect but it is better than it has been, a more concentrated effort is required, but a best foot forward situation gives me hope in that direction. I only checked the blog occasionally and the numbers were in fact quite good, some one was interested and old stuff has been read, but that’s not what I wanted, I had intended to keep pace with the coming weeks so I will have to double down and crack on to catch up I’m only 7 behind for the year so far, I know I know, but watch this space.

Music hasn’t helped (due to the tinnitus) today has been the first time in weeks that I have played more than one album, again fingers crossed I’m hoping that this can’t carry on forever (I know I have just jinxed myself, haven’t I?) I have actually done as little as possible; I know again me with my reputation, I’m hoping that the long weekend (with no Easter eggs) will allow me to pull myself together, a lie in would be nice, something, anything, anytime after 06.30 honest I will take 06.35 at a push, if that’s all you have, if I wake up as I have conditioned myself because of work, I’m a screwed pooch when I come to retire! Don’t worry I have a few years to resolve the issue, I’m not hopeful.

So there you go , I’m alive only because my prayers went unanswered at the time of my sickness and……you get the picture, yes the name the game is in play, don’t google it see if you can name the band out of the recess’s of your brain, people seem to just want everything now and are not prepared to exercise the grey matter! I’m not going to make any promises as I seem to keep shooting myself in the foot, lets see what happens when I get better as I feel as though I’m still not quite firing on all cylinders just yet!

So I hope you are all enjoying your long weekend and chocolate, watch the skies as there will be more incoming, I need to make sure I’m 100% better as there is the mother of all parties with a couple of Freddie mercury’s in attendance and me going as Gerry Stickells, you can guarantee that there will be just a short blog after that one, until then ……………Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment