Monday 26 December 2016

An Assortment of Caps!


So more dithering over a new blog (potentially) the last one of the year, I say this and then usually get hit by a huge load of inspiration and blog a way on a daily basis……go figure!

So where was I, oh yes dithering, I’m getting to be good at that, not feeling what I’m writing, but still attempting to do something useful, I was back to work still with my head down and my arse up in the air, sorting the end of year for me and then getting ready for the start of the new year I have a number of tasks to complete, hopefully when I go back on Wednesday I will pull my finger out, not saying that the tasks are particular hard I just have to stay focused and to crack on!

Then I had two days of duty manager (my least favourite task) of which I could probably write a blog all about those two shifts, but my intention is not to, as it was full of utterly horrible people, I despair for the human race after two days of dealing with these individuals anybody who works with the general public will understand what I am on about, you have all become a bunch of whining twats, and that’s the nicest description I can give you.

It hasn’t been helped by the fact that the wife has been ill and in bed (again another blog for another time) and she was unable to come and collect me at the end of the shift, shock horror I was going to have to travel home at some ungodly on a plague carrier full of drunken arseholes ( you know the type they go to the pub once a year and think that they can hold their drink………..hang on that’s me) I got a copy of my bus time table and yeah ok a twenty minute wait at the end of my shift was achievable, imagine my horror after two shitty shifts that my wait was going to be 40 minutes (WTF) I really do need to concentrate when I look at these kind of documents! On top of this there was loads of disruptive cherubs running around (please don’t get on my bus! Thankfully they didn’t) however this meant that the queue was quite a size by the time the bus arrived and yes it was full of people so I struggled even at that time of the night to get a seat, thankfully I did and I went straight to my default position.

MP3 in and the new Metallica album at max volume (if it’s too loud……. I will turn it down ok) it didn’t sooth the savage beast, I was still annoyed (me with my reputation ) and was soon people watching, the buddies reminiscing about younger days, the drunks asleep who missed their stops, the single guys trying desperately to concentrate on where they are and checking their mobiles for some god given inspiration, the young girls who desperately don’t want anybody to sit next to them, the bus driver obviously on his last run as he tries to desperately beat the world speed record between each stop!

At this point I realised nearly all of them were wearing an assortment of caps, which if when we were younger (because I was believe it or not one of the younger male occupants of the bus) we would have mocked each other mercilessly, I wondered if the style of cap or was it just picked at random, I instantly wanted to blog as I had a million thoughts but for once I hadn’t brought any paper to fulfil my ambition (rookie mistake) to take all the salient points for a later blog! as we drew nearer to home a group of lads in the early 20’s got aboard and honestly even my mother would have drowned me for wearing anything resembling this head gear some wearing what can only be described as “Tibetan” or some “South America druids” type of headgear, I was gobsmacked! by the time I got off the bus I was still annoyed, even more when I saw the same people in the nearest club, that had been there 11 hours previously, they don’t work they all have a habit to itch you see them at the local surgery and pharmacists, pushing their way to the front of whatever queue there is, I’m not jealous of their lifestyles, just their ability to be always in a club drinking and tooting!

I arrived home still in the same mood only for it to be lightened as the wife was worse for wear and in dire need for some TLC, anger can wait for another time, and then it’s all over baby blue, the wife is still ill but now getting harassed because of it (again another blog for another time for legal reasons) and I have to ensure that the blog gets completed before my bad mood spills out in to a period of mass deletions from the hard drive, my mood is hovering at grumpy to the outside world and annoyed within the family circle, why I hear you ask? Well simply because I can!

So for the new year what are my intentions, well first and foremost I need to give my head a shake and get back to where I was earlier in the year, simply so I can have some positivity back into my step, life is what it is, I have no issues with my lot (personally) however issues with my small tribe I can’t do an awful lot for, although I am worried for these family members, fingers crossed for them, blogging shall return to normal frequencies and hopefully (if my memory serves me) some more historical blogs along the way, but for now I shall kick back (watch numbers) relax and have one or two Lynchburg lemonades, and generally listen to a lot of good music (currently Listening to Ali Maas and Micky Moody Chrome and Black and well-polished mature album give it I try you might just enjoy it) and generally try and enjoy myself just a little bit! So I hope that you got what you wanted or maybe even deserved, keep spreading the disease and until the next one, and I know I keep saying this……………….Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment