Saturday 4 June 2016

Crocodile




Sometimes I feel like I'm standing in a harbour watching Western culture drift away from me like a big supertanker. As I see it, everybody on the deck are not waving goodbye. They're looking away, toward the horizon. Their future. And the boat is getting faster. I don't bring this up to elicit panic of any kind. No one threw me overboard. I jumped it was a conscious choice. And so is returning. With a little effort I can take a rowboat out to sea and scramble up that gangplank anytime I want. I just have to stop being afraid of Facebook. And Instagram. And Twitter. And LinkedIn. And Tumblr. And Pinterest. And Snapchat. And, well... I guess the Internet. Also, I might need to jettison my love for belabored maritime metaphors. I do believe I have said this before!

Yes, I know I have been missing in action, what can I say other than life got the better of me for a day or two and then apathy kicked in, in all aspects of life, I really do not grasp how the wife puts up with me, I have yet again grasped life with two hands and I am endeavoring to show an interest, wish me luck on that little journey.

Life has been an endless circle of travel, work, travel, eat sleep wake up with the wife annoyed, stay up because I feel I have to keep the wife company because of my earlier snooze, then off up the wooden hill and once again to slumber to awaken a few hours later to repeat the previous day’s experience, I really do feel like a hamster at this moment in time, but it’s not life it’s me, bright light drives me back in doors, I should be out and about but no I keep shrinking back into the back room, Sloth is the order of the day it’s a habit I need to break.

Writing for once took a back seat, I decided to leave it alone see if I could break the habit, it wasn’t a happy experience, just made me more miserable, so over the last couple of nights I have broke myself back into the perfume river of life! Whimsical and nonsensical (as always) but nothing that is fit for consumption (yet) I have yet again felt the need to explain my absence, because just when I feel I’m onto a rich vein of material, my malaise hits and sends me back down a ladder in the blogging game of snakes and ladders, thankfully you the discerning reader has followed like a crocodile in the river following gracefully behind me, just biding your time!

So I’m not going to make any promises or fanciful predictions anymore, I will just be here when the mood takes me (hopefully more than not) with the intention of being humorous and insightful (as if I ever was) and if I’m not well that’s just tough titty because I can only give you what I am and not what I sometimes have been pretending to be, so look to the skies I promise we have incoming but until then Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment