Friday 20 December 2013

Vital Signs

Low profile has been the order of the day, for a number of reasons and for once none of them bad, well with the exception of last night, when I was a tad blue for no reason, but it left me as quickly as it descended on me, well ok after I shouted at a few people this afternoon!

To be honest I ain't done a lot (me with my reputation) and I wasn't in the mood to do anything historical (probably because I have covered 99.9% of my life) I have just been tracking numbers and the such like, blogger has had issues with tracking, if the front page is to believed the last blog was read by three people (WTF) if that's the case how come I had nearly 89 comments (go figure) I wasn't too bothered but my cunning plan to see if the title influenced numbers ........failed! it appears the huge numbers for that one blog were a blip in the current time continuum stream or some such nonsense.

The main thing that cropped up the wife had a medical issue to take care of (not me) and me being the dutiful husband I decided to tag along (well just to keep her out of trouble). I had taken a couple of days off just to be on the safe side and for once we were there well on time, which wasn't a great idea as the wife soon got restless and was starting to mutter about all the freaks collecting in the waiting area, when she found out at midday that the lady next to us had been there since seven......incoming! thankfully just as we went off into red alert the wife was called into the room I tagged along to stop any blood shed, information collated the wife was whisked away to her bed and to await the terror that awaited her, me I trudged back off to the waiting room, we had come down by taxi (how fucking much??????????) as she wouldn't be able to drive, and to traipse backwards and forwards for me would probably meant that I would be called as soon as I got home to come and collect the Hulk, I mean the wife (wife smash!) I actually wished I had!

Has anyone waited seven and a half hours in a hospital waiting room before? I'm sure I set a new world record that day, bored was really the word, I like to watch people, and boy was I in for a treat from the nurse from the Philippines who could only speak in pigeon English, to the receptionist who dressed like she was 21 when in reality she was 61 and boy did she look like it! the girl who was sat waiting like myself who went to the desk every twelve minutes to ask if her partner was ready to leave ( I was bored and I only had my watch to play with) the three chav walruses who were loud fat and obnoxious, its not hard to see why the country is in a state, they swore with great proficiency, took "selfies"  and screamed and hollered with glee at each other they had a young child who was about two and even he was embarrassed by them! thankfully they were seen really quickly.

The vast bulk of patients were elderly to middle aged women with huge suitcases, that were only in for the day, one woman went backwards and forwards a dozen times before she finally disappeared behind the magic curtain. Once I knew the wife was fine they wanted her to sleep off the drugs. so I disappeared in search of a sandwich (I did the good deed and went nil by mouth in sympathy for the wife) and a phone signal, me being the good person chose to observe the rules of the hospital and not to use my mobile in the hospital, actually it would have hard to do anything other, I had to walk to the far end of the car park just to talk to the Kraken (to let her know her hatchling was recovering) a quick sandwich (which was fecking highway robbery but lets not go there.....at least it was nice), my vigil went on and I even helped the old age receptionist to shut up shop and help her close the shutters around her desk that would not seem out of line in Camp Bastion!

Finally we were good to go and it was better news than expected, not out of the woods but on the right path as long as those pesky elves don't drag us into the heart of Mirkwood ( I had to get a Hobbit reference in for G.......who was a very very naughty boy bless him!) we got outside then waited for a taxi and were robbed again but once home the good lady wife was soon on the settee asleep, I had taken the next day off just to be on the safe side, just as well as sloth set in and my medical issues (cough splutter FAT BASTARD!)raised there fat heads and I wasn't really happy when I went to work, but I did and I'm glad I did as I really would have just wallowed in apathy if I had stayed at home (hells bells I might as well get paid for it).

So we here we are, tonight I got the inclination to blog and I know I'm a little rusty, it feels good to get it out there and I probably only have one .....possibly two before the year end, again I have to make the point and say thank you for all those who have stuck around this year hasn't been  that good for me, but many positive strides have been made! the new book is creeping forward like a glacier in an ice age purely and simply because I'm writing about my treatment and well I'm not getting any so its not going awfully fast, having said that the page over on Blurb.com is getting huge amounts of looks (no sales you tight twunts!) and I am receiving the odd mail to say they enjoy it. and as I sit listening to Rush (WTF me with my reputation) and having a glass of big boy juice I have felt this has been slightly cathartic, and I know the one next Monday will be even better (calling all tee hee club members ) the weekend I must do a number of small tasks and I must do it be before Sloth turns up on the door step, so play nice and keep spreading the disease if you like what you read click share and spread the love until the next time ............Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment