Saturday 16 February 2019

For The Love Of Strange Medicine


Oh no I must have been in a bad place when I started writing my notes for this blog as I used a blue pen, does this mean that the world is going to end (stick with me on this one) I must have been in a such a serious mood, however I’m not as blue as I was, but let’s see what bile I have spewed!

As I sit here scribbling/typing in my notes I ponder that in a far off and distant time some noble quasi-religious (no not a Jedi) person will find and study my words of bile and end up using them as some form of new religious teachings (think of the potential) each blog studied meticulously in great detail, all of the hidden (hahahahahaha) meanings deciphered and explained to the great unwashed!
Picked apart and dissected an argued over by religious fanatics, these individuals that have become chaste and smelly because of their devotions to the writings of the great one (honestly my tongue is firmly in my cheek here I’m not trying to recruit people of money or well-known actors) simply because they have dedicated every waking moment to these writings, all else pales into comparison, they have devoted their whole being to me (and why wouldn’t they).

All of them claiming to have a much better understanding than the person sat next to them, trying to gain some semblance of a better balance within their own miserable lives, convincing themselves that the scribblings of a semi manic-depressive person (hang on a second is this idiot writing about me……….hang on I am that idiot) can make them and their loved ones lives so much better (yeah right) and we know that this true simply because of generations of slightly manic depressive people have followed the complex laws that I have stated in my many blogs, these have simply got to be true as me the messiah have expressed these sentiments over and over again.

People spending entire lifetimes misquoting and misunderstanding the words that have spewed forth from my laptop! Millions of authors writing book upon book theorizing on the stuff/crap (delete as you deem appropriate) that I spew when my brain is in a (relativity) happy frame of mind. When I feel important enough to tell the world and you the discerning reader, stuff that is simply written/typed in a quickfire staccato before it fades from my memory like a falling snowflake does!
Even this blog is taking the piss out of me, this highly thought of writer(erm OK), maybe I’m not the messiah after all, (and no I’m not a very naughty boy, well not today anyway) this blog was inspired by my youngest who simply inquired if I was going to blog today (oh my god if she’s reading these I really am screwed when she comes to pick my nursing home) I didn’t have any intention of writing anything but I do love a challenge, I had been in a bit of a funk (me with my reputation surely not) for no reason other than I hated the world and all that was in it, little things were setting me off, nothing major no people, I kept poking people with big sticks and hoping for some kind of reaction, thankfully they chose (I hope they did) to ignore me and my miserable self, some people helped massage my brain (not my ego) so full of doubt about what life was all about, hell when did I get so bloody serious, the wife was her usual effervescent self and that has helped me get back on track.

At this moment in time I am debating on whether to buy Blue Oyster Cult tickets for next week, watch me buy them and then get offered to be on the guest list, it will be more than likely the last chance to see one of my fave all time bands, hopefully it might pick me up, I’m not sure watch this space, I’m sure that there will be either a blog about the trip or one about all the times I have been to see them!

The blog although quiet has ticked along quite nicely (yes I have kept an eye on numbers) as my self-imposed exile from all social media has helped bring me back from the brink, at least one or two people are rereading the old ones or have simply discovered the blog for the first time and are plodding through them, I promise normal service has resumed and there will be more along the way, so keep spreading the disease, and watch the skies for incoming, until the next time ……..Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment