Saturday 15 February 2014

Flying Colours

The Long Road starts here .....allegedly!

I know I have kept a really low profile here, but to be honest I have been basking in the glory of peeps who are new to the page and have been complimentary (aw shucks) about this here blog (WTF) lots to tell you so lets crack on. Work I really don't want to go  there as it's in the realms of silliness I will come back to work in a little while but only for a slight detour, however in the main part I'm still waiting for the lottery win so I can retire to some where English and write for a (splutter) living! The wife hasn't been the picture of living health and I do wish I could weave some magic for her benefit, she may be a pain in the arse (sometimes) but she's my pain in the arse and I hate to see her down in the dumps (I know she married me what can I say) just something little, OK lets quit while I'm ahead, you all get the picture, hopefully!

So what else is there to write about well lets see? the new book which I have to admit I have steered clear from, other than to write and work out some ideas (what you think I just throw them together) but the feeling wasn't there so I didn't polish those small kernels of ideas, this weekend although I do have some work to do, my intention is to finish the chapter for January (only 15 days late) and start on the new one .....honest that's my intention.

Farcebook has been damn well strange, with a number of emails from the company itself stating that people have been trying to hack my account and at least two accounts where my pictures have been used to set up other false accounts, well if you can see this do something about it! it appears that this is a common occurrence so if you get any "new" requests from me ring me or drop me an email and I shall point you in the right direction, to be honest if you do get a request from me, delete it straight away, as I never ask people, just in case they blank me hahahahaha me Paranoid (yeah probably) the thing that gets me about this, is that this is about the tenth time it's happened, am I that interesting I think not. Most of the attempts seem to originate from Africa or South America trust me the fact that you live there makes your life a damn sight more interesting than mine! at least its not my friends from North America still looking to make my life hell.

The treatment has finally been given the go ahead, and I was like a giddy schoolboy with a hot date with the sexiest school teacher (too much information? ....probably) yeah lets change the subject, there have been many highs and lows since I requested help, not as many lows as there used to be and generally by just asking for help I think has been the most positive thing I have ever done, the proof is in the pudding (damn I always bring it back to food) I have a doctor to report to (qualified hells bells a real doctor) and a time and a place so it's time to get busy so to speak, watch this space will I be keeping you informed of what happens well in varying degrees, but its what the new book is about so you ain't going to get the honey!

Financially we are once again being dragged backwards towards the black hole that is life, the fact that we are a one wage family is soul destroying, I had to go away (see it always come back to work) for a meeting of like minded souls, I was told it was going to be something central for us all to get there, so guess where we went to yup we were actually 63 miles from the capital because allegedly that's the f***ing midlands, buy a map you witless twunts, I had issues with getting money back off the company previously, and with the black hole trying to suck me in I was concerned about going away, indeed the weekend before I had to go away I had a number of panic attacks thinking how the hell was I going to cover this with no savings whatsoever! thankfully I was offered a lift and  my concern about wine guzzling autocrats and the cost being spread was my biggest concern (this happened to somebody the last time there was a jaunt away and it cost somebody who was teetotal nearly £60 - which I didn't have) crisis averted when the big cheese whipped out his credit card, I still only had one pint which I paid for (FOUR FECKING QUID) then drank water through the meal and was nearly the first one to bed, did I want to stay and have a drink, hell yeah, but the pennies were weak so off to bed I went, the next day was interesting watching people who had made pigs of themselves, the day was soon over but it took over seven hours to get back in possibly the worst travelling conditions ever, I need to buy some jelly babies by way of a thank you.....don't ask!

Once home in the loving arms of my family things spiralled out of control just a smidge when it was discovered that the youngest has to go away and participate in a new version of the "Scottish Play" currently being filmed with Michael Fassbender in the starring role, cue much gnashing of gums as again we duck and dive to work out how to do it financially, we do our best for our loved ones! cue a  road trip and many machiavelian deeds as the means do indeed justify the deeds!

What to do next well in reality just live my life, I do feel as though it is travelling in the right direction for once, positivity is the key, so I'm told so I am trying to stop being a doubting Thomas, blogging and writing will being taking a more active role as I hope the treatment will indeed be a good thing, if you see me waltzing around with a stupid grin on my face it hasn't worked and the wife has loaded me up with loopy pills! the name game last time only three people tried even though it was a bloody easy one and the winner was Nils! who not only guessed it first gave me a potted history of the recording, well done bonny lad well done, one right out one hundred and ninety six isn't too bad, I hope you get this one as it is a song and not a band, I intend to nail my flying colours as I march forward I intend to be a better person not just for myself but for my family and friends, there are many people who are our friends and the wife and I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth, this is always a tough time of year for us, I know some of our friends have had a hard time this week and we are there for them as we love them deeply, we have not forgotten them and we know exactly what you are going through as we went through it just before Christmas, you know who you are if you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Hopefully with all the ducking and diving the Tee Hee club will resurface as we go to see a certain band in the Robbers Den.....it might be under new management but the jury is still out, so there you go number three for the year and the gap will not be as long as this one for the next one as I feel the juices flowing (oo er missus) play nice and a special thank you to who ever is reading the blogs I have an idea, but the numbers have been solid (if not great) purely because of you guys, even the book website is getting fabulous hits (buy a book tightwads!) s here we go play nice and watch the skies here we go again..............Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment