Wednesday 13 January 2016

Dear Friends

Best intentions stumbled at the first hurdle, well actually they didn't I just got lazy, I'm having some holiday, yes more holiday, actually time I hadn't taken from last year can you believe that? no neither can I!

The last blog has settled into usual numbers (for a normal blog) and I wanted to avoid the feeding frenzy of Lemmy and David Bowies deaths, I was never a huge of either artist, I doubt I would turn anything off by either artist, but I wasn't a flag waving fan of either artist either! the national grieving should just be about done now so I thought I would put my head back up above the parapet and move life along.

There is no great plan for this week although the wife does have a couple of hospital appointments that I shall be offering her some support (yes I know she is scrapping the bottom of the barrel) I just have been doing some writing and reading (funny I know that the blog is late) I like to try and have a groove to what I'm writing and although none of it has been discarded its not sitting right with me so back to the drawing board for the time being!

The title as always is indeed a song title hopefully easier than the last one as nobody (out of the seven people who attempted) got Grace Slick, and I have to admit I have been listening to a fair bit of this artist over the Christmas period after being reminded (not that I needed reminding) how fab their music was and it also reminded me of the string of friendships forged so long ago, many people who I miss (don't worry they are all still alive) but I doubt that they give me or others a second thought, I'm talking about school friends, people who we spent so much time with, but with the passage of time we wandered wherever the tides took us, a couple of people who I went to school with from the first day to the last day, I wonder how they are doing I wonder how their families are, people who at the time meant everything, girls I went out with and still became friends with afterwards not many admittedly but still you get the picture,  I have been back in my home town nearly 13 years and have barely seen anybody I know. now I know peeps moved on (and my appearance is so different from when I was last here) some have even died, so does this mean I was a whinging git that they were glad to see the back of, more than likely, we had some really good times, great parties, great music and hardly any fallings out, we played hard but that's what friends do, now I'm not being all weepy and saying lets all meet up, times move on as do people, that doesn't mean that I can't reminisce about those people who helped me through my teenage years, those really were the good times.

The friends I have now only one or two of them are from my time in Gimpsville and like me they moved away, unfortunately I came back, I love the place but as I keep saying I don't know anybody, I am still trying to kick start my life into a good forward motion, rather than ticking over in a sea of isolation, one or two people keep saying that we should go for a pint it hasn't happened yet but I don't mind we all have lives to lead, this is primarily what has brought all these memories flooding back, my current friends The South Shields Massive, all of the wife's friends (and there are millions of them) all the people who are in my gravitational pull they all mean so much to me and its only now that I understand that everybody has a place in the universe we call life.(god I sound like Jon Anderson)

The next blog will be here sooner than you think and it depends which one perks up the most they are all  historical but I need them to be hysterical, in a good way, best foot forward and all that jazz, I don't think anybody needs to panic (just yet I need to check with my lawyers first) I have the choice of a couple of gigs that are worth writing about, or even about the Mayfair or Walkers or WR's lets see where the groove takes me as I'm not sure (as I get a massive influx of emails from people going NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) what I want to do, its funny how things that happened (good things as well as the crap stuff) can influence life, the universe and everything, its more than 30 years since I left school but the friends I made they are not very far from my brains and if you remember in the last blog I said I have started dreaming again well most of the people I went to school with float in and out on a regular basis.

I was being super careful about what I write as the wife used to be super critical of everything I wrote, in a good way however it appears I have hit the boring button, so she has taken to skimming the first paragraph and if its not interesting she ignores, I wrote a heartfelt blog to her the other week (emotional rescue) and she didn't even read it ah well prepare for fireworks lol. the rest of the week is more of the same I'm in lazy mode so more writing more reading because I know what's waiting for me when I go back, so enjoy keep spreading the disease and until then Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment