Monday 5 January 2015

Set fire to the hive

What the hell  happened there? the new year sprinted ahead saying that it would wait for me and it didn't (the bastard) so many spinning plates I took my eye off the ball and well here I am, stuck in no mans land its not Christmas its not the new year either and I have two fairly good (historical) blogs  nearly done, but I missed the boat so I thought I had better do something quick and off the cuff to get this new year underway.

Christmas came and it was...........OK!  the dinner was fab (as always) just the right amount even the Kraken was on her best behaviour, I didn't have a repeat of last year and it pretty much went without a hitch OK so we squabbled we bickered but we didn't go off on one.

Then the wife became the lead zombie in the walking dead (she is still suffering) and boy has she suffered, mind you she did have her moments were we nearly came to blows (move along move along nothing to see here) as a rule it went OK , new year was again quiet with the wife really kicking off when everybody started slagging off yet another toy boy (again lets not go there) the evening was muted thinking of friends who have gone through so much in the last year lets just hope for continuing good news in the coming weeks and months.

My self will has been quite good over the last few weeks (well we all over indulge over the festive season) but I didn't, no big blow outs, just went with the flow with the new regime starting today (failed but only just....damn you Poundland) each day is step taken with positivity (here's hoping) I might stumble from time to time, lets see if I can get up under my own steam.

Misery has been kept at bay ( I have no idea how I did it but hell I will go with it) although solitude was never far away, as I have said previously one problem down, others slide into place to take their place in the new order, again all I can do is my best and hope that the world comes with me, I am a new person not quite as jaunty at times but not the miserable bastard that I had the potential to be, I have always been insular at times lets just see where the stream takes me, cunning plans and obvious inventions!

So where do I go on from here? well I still need that hobby I was told to get and my health issues are my number priority, lets not take that particular detour I'm trying to keep this light (hahahahaha me with my reputation) one blog a week is what the Dr ordered so that's where I intend to be even though I was late this with this one, go figure what are you going to do sue .......actually in this day and age more than likely!

Music as always has been to the fore front trying to get away from all the stuff I normally do, with some modern stuff including the band that sings the song that I have lifted the blog title from, yes Nils it's still the name game, keep up for the love of god! thankfully it has all been good even a trip down memory lane and playing the Stranglers Black & White album kept me in the groove, this blog was very nearly called a toiler in the sea!

Money as always is a huge factor in our cunning plans and furtive first steps that we call a social life in 2015, but worse things happen at sea, and I have a small cunning plan in place, baby steps ssshhhh its a secret! Photographs are another area I intend to move into as I see so many people having selfies and various other types (in a none sexual kind of thing)of photograph taken and being generally happy so I will have to learn to grin and bear it ........allegedly, again baby steps but you never know!

Work I have to admit is the fly in the ointment and for legal reasons I won't go into details on this very public forum, lets just take it for granted, if you know what I do for a (real) living starting a fire in the hive is the last thing I should do, if you know where the emergency exits are, please make your way there as I'm starting to stockpile dry fire wood, when it goes its going to burn with an intensity that will melt any lead hearts out there...........incoming!

The dam burst finally and I promise to do the next one justice, I have a choice either more war stories from following Marillion (title undecided but down to three at the moment) or one all about the dawn patrols trolling around London in the early eighties as I tried my hand in that hallowed and stable work environment called Rock N Roll!

Now that's the game plan you all know as much as I do onwards and hopefully upwards, again many  thanks for all of the kind words, they really have helped, and the numbers of the blogs has been........upwards, so we will have some more of that if you don't mind I need some rest and some beauty sleep (cough splutter - I really must get that cough sorted) so watch the skies you all know that there is incoming until the next time Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment