Sunday 11 October 2015

Just what i needed

Life as it happens always tries to drag you down the side streets of oblivion, throwing up road blocks of unhappiness, pain and misery, now our responsibility to ourselves is to try and drive over these blips in our life and enjoy what time we have on this blue pearl called planet earth, oh a dark and mysterious beginning, unfortunately anybody who knows me in the real world will know that our family life has been turned upside down, not something I intend to go into any detail here, I will at some point, just not right now, so the tray with all our teacups has been upended, but you know what I don't care and I'm certainly not going to give up!

 Blogs like seeds of happiness will be in short supply for the coming weeks, I have to admit to being devoid of any willingness to write which is a shame as numbers have picked up and some of the responses have been so damn good, I will when I can, however they might end up being like buses (either they don't turn up or you might get three in one week) I am increasingly fighting many battles on many fronts, at some point I will be worn down but I will never be defeated.

Work and health issues have been one and the same, but I have to admit to being disappointed that my get up and go has got up and fucked off (pardon the expression but it fits its purpose) and although I am putting on a brave face, I was in desperate need of some cheering up, cunning plans were many in the mix but very few were coming to fruition, the finances as always kicking us in the slats , but the wife and I thought sod it that's what the overdraft is for!

We have been missing our youngest (who has buggered off to university) not that she adds much noise to the family household, but her presence is always a positive thing, she is appearing(starring) in the latest version of Macbeth with Michael Fassbender supporting her, so we hatched a plot to go and see her at our local boutique cinema in Newcastle (the big city) to see her immortalised on the big screen, the day came and I had a real busy day at work teaching five courses in one eight hour stretch which requires me to be on my feet all of the time, I like to get people to interact with me, standing behind the podium is not for me, rather than travel back to Gimpsville I stayed at work at the end of the day and suffered in silence as I waited for the wife to arrive from the future with her amazing time machine, once picked up we arrived in a city brimming with people there to see a freak show where grown men fiddle with odd shaped balls!

We got our tickets (how much? do you not realise our daughter is the star) we had time to kill so we wandered off in search of sustenance avoiding the overfull, overpriced venues, we were on a budget here, hells bells the wife was going sneak some popcorn into the cinema (I felt like a Victorian street urchin sat with toffs once we got in there) we finally ended up at the American Embassy (McDonalds to the uninitiated) and munched our way through our really appetising meal (not) and we took a slow meander back to the venue (that's all I could manage by this time) stopping off to watch some Tonka's and blacks doing strictly come dancing (again with strange shaped balls) I do believe the Tonka's won the dance off, although we only saw the first five minutes of the game.

We then joined the wine brigade as we waited patiently for the appearance of our daughter on the big screen, and literally within the first couple of minutes there she was, bang in the middle of the screen, we very nearly jumped up like two Newcastle United supporters in the wrong section of the Stadium of shite surrounded by Orcs  (well it is in Mordor) it was all I could to keep the wife from going off like a roman candle (obscure Marillion reference) in the dark, then I drifted to the land of nod for five minutes which didn't impress the wife, at least I didn't snore (did I?) damn it had been a long day for me, but I was soon ensconced watching the fabulous scenes but being bored by the dialogue (hells bells do it in modern English so we can at least decipher what is going on) out spot out, really ah get away for fucks sake and then again in an even bigger (longer) scene there's the youngest again , proud parents your darn tooting we are, the film finished and we quite gleefully headed home to Gimpsville.

We fell into our pits a happy couple (probably with shit kicking grins on our faces) sure that the next day was going to be even better, the wife had to go to work and then head to a reunion of The Tee Hee Club, the day sort of dragged for me in the house (researching German Fire classifications what a rock n roll life I lead I hear you say) the pooch put in his cage I decided to head out for the plague carrier to meet up with the wife (please do try and keep up Plague carrier = public transport in this case a bus) and I was happy that the look of panic on staff at work  when they saw me arrive on site still warms the cockles of my heart (bless them) finally the wife finished work and we headed off on a route approved by Securicor as the wife never ever takes the same route twice, a quick pit stop for motion lotion and we soon in our old familiar haunts of South Shields to be met by the faces of E & G and KC tables dragged together and then more faces turned up (more letters of the alphabet but you should be able to work out if you have read the blog a cast of millions) A & C and much to my surprise the ninja pairing of P & G and to be honest it was a little overwhelming for me, but I was a good soldier and literally half listened and just soaked the atmosphere in (£43 for Christmas cake ingredients, do you not know how much drink you can buy with all that LOL) soon there was too many people to talk to all at once and there were many handshakes and man hugs all around, this was the best night in such a long time.

Then it went sideways (in a really good way) it went sideways thanks to alcohol (not me I'm a lime and soda boy these days) KC's lovely wife and sister and law turned up and  then for some reason we needed our ears measured, which we all gladly did, size isn't everything (LOL) then more chat and more drinks for peeps and then it was decided noses needed to measured and again we all sat and went through the process willingly, I could see where this was going (silliness third stop  after sensibility) then one of the ladies went off marauding for supplies and came back with large provisions of (borrowed/stolen = delete as you think appropriate) cold garlic bread (erm no thank you) we all were to frightened too ask by this point and unfortunately we were struggling with the broken (drunken) English responses we were getting to our questions, at this point Time stepped in and reminded us of our real life responsibilities and just as quickly as it started, the night was breaking away, melting like a snowflake in a child's hand, we said our farewells and got the hell out of dodge before anything else needed to be measured! a great night way too short and me and the wife felt so guilty because we didn't really get to go around the group as we would have liked, but it filled our (emotion) tanks with happiness what a great day after so many shit filled ones!

Then we headed back up the mountain to Gimpsville and sat and watched the google box, doing things that we normally do, before heading off to bed still happy, we were awoke earlier than we thought as the wife was asked if she would do a shift today (the curse of zero hour contracts) so all of our plans will be rammed into a short space of time tonight with me planning a lovely Sunday dinner for when she gets home, waiting for the new week to begin. and that they say is that, I am sat here feeling cheerful (well for me cheerful) especially considering I have just fought (and lost) yet another battle with technology, hey ho that's the way the cookie crumbles, so if you are a regular reader I can only apologise for the lack of consistency from me for the blogs but life is stamping on my head at the moment and me supporting my wife and family is what comes first, I take delight knowing that I have fantastic friends who know how to cheer us up, I hope you enjoyed the blog watch the skies for more to come soon ................incoming............until then Toodles! 

oh and yes the name game is in play I actually have the 7 inch single.................go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment