Thursday 18 September 2014

State of independance

This is my view on the Scottish referendum, I have no affiliation either way I  have friends and family north of the border, its their decision not ours.

307 years is how long the union has lasted, I for one think its up to them, I won't think anymore of them if they stay I won't think any less of them if they leave, some people want it, some people don't, when I'm home I'm English and that's the way I think of my self , when I'm abroad I think of myself as British, it's a  national identity some feel stronger about than others, when I was in the army people kept calling me Geordie and I always argued the case I was from County Durham that did not compute, I'm not a Geordie or a mackum,I come from the land of the prince bishops, Durham, so that should make me a dunelmian or some such other name, I was fiercely vocal about where I come from, I have no axe to grind with any part of the country I just love where I'm from, mind you if you are from south of Durham you are by the very definition a southerner!

So what ever happens which ever way the dice roll just remember it was a choice, if you didn't vote you don't get a say, the world keeps on turning either way tomorrow will be a new day for everybody and as long as nobody got hurt, I'm sure it will be a good day, now if you do get independence I might play the family card and get a Scottish passport unless they want to invade and come all the way down to Durham hahahaha until that happens ..............Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment